Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does a manual breast pumps stop working?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was given one at the hospital by the LC it's a medela I haven't even had it for 3 months..I looked it over it don't look broke..all the parts seem to be there..But, when I try to use it..It has No suction..It won't even latch to my breast all I hear is air

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had this happen a few times. I couldn't see the tear in the white flap thing. The membrane just needed to be replaced! I've had my manual for like 6 months and still going strong =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrp0606
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Take it apart and check all the parts if one of the seals isn't in place correctly then you won't be able to create suction. Have you used it before? Or is this the first time you used it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Needlesmama
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

might need a new diaphram for it, should have extra white disks that came with it and the one you are using sounds like it needs replaced

newbabystarr09
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I've been using it off and on for almost 3 months now..I used it the other day and it was fine

Quoting jrp0606:

Take it apart and check all the parts if one of the seals isn't in place correctly then you won't be able to create suction. Have you used it before? Or is this the first time you used it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN