Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips on getting baby to take a bottle???? Help please!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I have to go back to work in a week and Vivi won't take the bottle. We started givin her one at 4 weeks an she did great with it but the last 3 weeks she decided she wouldn't take it anymore. Any tips on getting her back to taking it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Hand the baby to caregiver, then leave! lol. Seriously tho, mama cannot be anywhere in the house when a bottle is being given, baby can smell you and baby knows you have the good stuff! It will be ok, baby's know not to starve themselves! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Also maybe try different bottles... We ha to do that... He didn't like the bottles we were using and we switche and he immediately was ok with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicholeLoraine
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I was told to put a little sugar water on the nipple and they'll take it because it's sweet and continue because they realize it's food but I havent tried
I have to almost sit my lo completely up to get her to take it without choking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Try Playtex nurser with drop-in. They feel and look almost like real nipples. My ds took a bottle until he turned 3 months old. He refused to take any but the playtex. Make sure you warm up the nipple before you gave her the bottle :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Use something besides a bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM
This is what we use because dd1 wouldn't touch anything else. It took 6 weeks before dd1 would touch a bottle. I left the house for 6 hrs once and she would not touch it. Stubborn shit must take after her mother lol

Quoting lilou:

Try Playtex nurser with drop-in. They feel and look almost like real nipples. My ds took a bottle until he turned 3 months old. He refused to take any but the playtex. Make sure you warm up the nipple before you gave her the bottle :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

You should also know that it's quite normal for baby to just wait till you're home. And it's not at ALL harmful. It's called reverse cycling and is excellent for supply. Remember... if baby SLEPT for six hours you'd be turning cartwheels!

Just hand baby to caregiver, leave. If the caregiver can't figure out how to handle baby besides using a botle, hire another caregiver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)