Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Hatred is growing

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 108 Replies
Im in tears I hate breastfeeding beyond words. We are 9 weeks in and every day I wish I had the ability to quit and just go to formula. I don't think I've ever hated anything so badly.i don't know how to not hate this. What do I do? Am I the only one that doesn't love this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Why do you feel this way? Are you having problems nursing or are these feelings purely psychological? I'll be glad to offer any advice or experience I have. Nursing was hell till Lilly was 3 months because of latch issues and a badly cracked and bleeding nipple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM
why? Are you having a hard time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn132
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM
My close friend felt the same way. She did amazing going 9 weeks, and so have you! :)
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM
She was tongue tied but has had that clipped. I'm tired of being tied down. I'm tired of my caffeine being limited. I'm exhausted because she is sucking the energy out of me. I can't have my surgery well multiple I need. I want back on my meds. She won't eat while I walk or do anything so my house is destroyed and my other girls are getting less time.
I'm not going to quit because I can't but dang if I don't want to.
I can't even have a beer or glass of wine of I'd like this is just hell to me to not get any time just to me.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Why do you feel this way? Are you having problems nursing or are these feelings purely psychological? I'll be glad to offer any advice or experience I have. Nursing was hell till Lilly was 3 months because of latch issues and a badly cracked and bleeding nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Don't get me wrong though I love my daughter and love that she loves nursing. I just feel guilty I hate this so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM
We did for a little while but haven't in a week. Even when it was going perfectly I hated it

Quoting melindabelcher:

why? Are you having a hard time?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Thank you! Glad to know I'm not the only one

Quoting mommyjenn132:

My close friend felt the same way. She did amazing going 9 weeks, and so have you! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt the same way with my first.  I can't even begin to describe the feeling of hatred I had for BFing.  I switched to pumping (which I warn you can be so much more difficult), and was SOOOOO much more happy!  You can also do a combination of both.  Also, 9 weeks is still early, and I realized when I BF our second (and did not hate it lol) that those first 3 months seemed like I wasn't good for anything other than having a baby attached to me 24/7.  But it gets easier, and around 6 months they become so much more efficient; they drink more, but your body has since regulated and they are much faster at drinking, so it takes less time and they don't seem to drink as often.  If you want to keep going (or have to), just keep telling yourself that it DOES get better eventually.  Eventually may take a really long time to get here, but it will (eventually lol).  In the meantime, you can try pumping and BFing or just make the switch to pumping (which is not easy).  Unlike BFing, pumping requires more effort (at least it did for me) because you have to really work to keep up supply, but once you get into a groove it gets easier.  

Just know you aren't alone!!!  I hated it the first time, but loved it the second.  Hang in there!!!!!

littlest.angel
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Is there a medical reason you cant have a beer or glass of wine? As long as you are safe to drive you are safe to nurse. With your house and kids, I went through the same thing. I ended up getting a wrap and that helped. With my older two, we would read a book or watch a movie while I nursed so I could spend time with them too. What helped me the most was telling myself to just get through one more day. *Hugs* I hope it starts getting easier for you. Pm me if you need someone to talk to.

Quoting armybratmom612:

She was tongue tied but has had that clipped. I'm tired of being tied down. I'm tired of my caffeine being limited. I'm exhausted because she is sucking the energy out of me. I can't have my surgery well multiple I need. I want back on my meds. She won't eat while I walk or do anything so my house is destroyed and my other girls are getting less time.

I'm not going to quit because I can't but dang if I don't want to.

I can't even have a beer or glass of wine of I'd like this is just hell to me to not get any time just to me.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I'm sorry! You CAN have a beer or glass of wine while bf. It may also be possible to have surgery depending on what meds are used. After all, moms have csec and pain meds and bf.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN