Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Giving a 7 month old whole milk ?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

First a little background..  i'm a single mom of 4 kids.  My dh left this past Novemeber.. anyway, he had our kids this past weekend.  His g/f has a 7 month old.  She is formula fed.  My 10 year old daughter came home yesterday saying that she(dad's g/f) feeds the baby regular milk!  She said the baby gets alot of table food and very few bottles.  She puts milk in her sippy cup and wasn't sure if milk goes in the bottle as well.   i can't help but think the baby is missing out on a lot of nutrients that she needs?  I know they are having finanical issues, so i'm wondering if that's why she is doing regular milk.  

I'd like to say something(nicely)  but, i feel it's probably none of my business.. i just feel bad for the baby!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
That baby is on the fast track to malnourishment.
I'm the type to say something, especially when a helpless infant is involved. If they're having financial difficulties that are so bad they can't buy formula, I'm sure they qualify for WIC.
That is so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Agree

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

That baby is on the fast track to malnourishment.

I'm the type to say something, especially when a helpless infant is involved. If they're having financial difficulties that are so bad they can't buy formula, I'm sure they qualify for WIC.

That is so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
As much as the child is probably on her way to malnutrition, I don't know if you CAN say anything and have it be considered. You are the ex in her mind and I don't think she'll listen. I know I would almost automatically disreguard any advice given to me by an ex of dh. Maybe you could ask your ex about it...depending on your relationship with him? *hug* that poor baby
Char07
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say something but would have information handy for them to see themselves that it deprives baby of needed nutrition, then they can do with that information as they please. I would never discount information (cited) from anyone based on who they are but an opinion, yes I may.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM

This is kinda what I was thinking

Quoting JoyfulMommy1221:

As much as the child is probably on her way to malnutrition, I don't know if you CAN say anything and have it be considered. You are the ex in her mind and I don't think she'll listen. I know I would almost automatically disreguard any advice given to me by an ex of dh. Maybe you could ask your ex about it...depending on your relationship with him? *hug* that poor baby

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Me too. She more likely will just dismiss anything you have to say just because of who you are, even if you really care about her baby. Can you ask your ex about it and see if he might say something?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

This is kinda what I was thinking

Quoting JoyfulMommy1221:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I feel that is wrong , I would deffinitly say something !

My husbands niece does the same thing with her baby , we told her time n time again to stop but she refused and said don't tell me out to raise my child . She gave her whole milk at 3 months old bc she had severe acid reflux and she was on a thickner for her formula bc the milk was to thin for her stomach . So she said it got to hard to mix it in with her formula . So she just started giving he whole milk . And then about 6 months she started feeding her tv dinners and happy meals and she didn t even get teeth til 14 months . He is now almost 2 yes old and she's not right at all bc she didn't get the nutrients she needed . She's 2 and barely says bye bye . Her first son was taken away and he is now living in custody of hubby's mother . She did drugs one night and through her into labor that night and he was born 8 weeks early .
We don't socialize with them . So I'm glad my kids don't grow up around it .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)