Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I don't understand...told to stop nursing

So Natalya is my lo. He is so sweet. As my previous post said I do hate bf BUT I loved how much she loves nursing, the money benefits, and again feeling like I was doing something I never though I could.
At talyas follow up for her tongue clipping and her 2 mth check up my husband was told that she is not gaining weight....worse she is losing weight! How is this happening. Why is this so hard for us! I don't want to feel like a failure but damn it I do. I may have hated it and wished for te simplistic nature that ff is to me because that's what I know and my family has always done. Just in the last week she dropped down an oz and she should have gained a lot since she was clipped and able to properly nurse at least I thought she wAs!
Since I'm sure someone will ask to give me suggestions here is her weight history and height
Birth 7.6 21 inch
Leaving hospital three days later
7.2 1/2 21 in
2 wk 7.4 1/2
4 wk 8.14 21 1/4 inches
8 wks 9.6
9 wks 9.4 1/2

Well the solution according to the dr (who I do test and is NOT telling us to stop giving bm) is saying pump everything I can, give high calorie formula after the bm until she is done eating. This means ( I can only get half an oz each time I pump every two hours) that she will be almost completely ff. that I should not latch her what so ever because she is burning more calories then she is getting in just trying to nurse. I'm at a loss. I knew my supply had taken a hit urging our issues with her being tongue tied but now what will it do? I'm flustered I'll add more in the replies as people respond
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (71-71):
armybratmom612
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM
So four with every meal? That's how many they have me on

Quoting Bitterroot:

I took the blessed thistle the same way as the fenugreek:  it comes in pill form.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)