Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Markus (7 months) is frustrating me to no end! The past week or so he is into playing with his food (my nipples) and he pinches them. I take him off everytime and tell him "No! Ouch! That hurts mommy!" and he just smiles at me. I dont give him boobies for five min and try again. This happens at every feeding except at night when hes half asleep. Ideas???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
FrumpyMama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I just hold the hand that is on the loose.  It isn't a permanant fix, but it works for mine. She actually digs in with her fingernails (YES I TRIM THEM) I've had gouges dug into my chest at times. Good luck!

SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM
My DD is 13 months and has learned not to bite, but just a couple weeks ago she tried again. She usually does this when she is over-tired and acting a bit slap happy. The last time she did it I stopped nursing her, placed her on the floor in our room (we co-sleep) and left the room. I let her cry for probably less than a minute and came back, and she did not try biting again.
MamaCat1121
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
My mom said when i nursed and if i bit her or something she would flick my mouth lol guess i never did it again. Granted that was 26 years ago ....my ds hasnt bit me or anything yet so i cant say anything for mine yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Anah does that- she is 16 months. I hold her hand down when she does that and tell her no. I don't mind touching, but the pinch/twist/pull is NOT cool.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Have you tried giving him something to occupy his hands?
I also agree with G about being consistent with putting him down every time he does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN