Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Do you love breastfeeding? Has it changed your life? Has breastfeeding created a special bond between you and your baby? with pics

Breastfeeding is the best thing ever! I have a total of 6 kids and she is my last baby girl (had my tubes tied) and I really wished I would have bf all my other babies!!!

Feel free to post your breastfeeding pics too and tell us your breastfeeding stories =)

Mommy of 4 handsome boys && 2 beautiful girls!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey honey! I've been reading your posts. You have a lot going on, and I know it's tough. It was tough for me the first nine weeks. We had weight gain issues (although I now think they were not issues but that the pediatricians didn't take into account my being induced and on an IV for 44 hours). We had to spend a night in the hospital because of jaundice and they wouldn't let me hold him for 24 hours and I pumped too hard with the hospital pump and bloodied my nipples. I was told to use a shield and I used it for nine weeks until I finally tried him without it (I don't think he needed it - another thing I'm annoyed with).

But I KNEW I wanted to breastfeed and I am too stubborn to give up! Sticking through all of that, even though everyone told me to switch to formula, was the best decision I have made yet! It is so good now! Just a little encouragement for you! :)

Quoting armybratmom612:

Guess I'm the minority but I'm struggling to make this work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I know!! I am so glad I created this topic... I was telling my husband earlier, I love seeing all of these pictures being posted. Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing and in every single picture that has been posted, you can see the love in these babies eyes. I love love love breastfeeding!!

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Pic

Yay!!!! I've been trying to figure out how to post a pic All.Day.Long. on my dang phone. Of any CM posts I've ever read, this is my Absolute Favorite Girl!!! Look at all these Beautiful Happy Loving Content Babies, I'm just beyond myself with adortion:))))))) so much booby lovins

ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Awww, she is so cute! All these pics that are being posted, you can see the love in their eyes, or in your case, you can tell she is comfortable and content! I love breastfeeding, it is a good way to calm a baby down too. My little girl bumps her head all the time (she is so clumsy) and I immediatly run up to her and pull down my shirt and she is instantly calm. It's the best!

Quoting faith610:

Breastfeeding my daughter has been an awesome (and not easy) journey (that's not near completion!) The bond I feel with her is just simply indescribable. I thank God I didn't give up when I really wanted to when dd was 3 months old. Since she was 2 months i started going to a bfing support group at my local hopspital, where over the past several months I learned that I really have a strong strong strong passion for bfing. I hope to now become an ibclc. I need 3 more college courses (I have a Bachelor's in Communication, but need 3 more health science classes) and I need to start my 1000 with a lc before I can qualify to take the test. I want to help women breastfeed, especially the ones that are told to give up by doctors like I was!

Isabella (This was back in March). 

faith610
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I do the same when Bella gets hurt! It fixes everything. Just goes to show our bodies are made to nourish and comfort our babies! :)

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Awww, she is so cute! All these pics that are being posted, you can see the love in their eyes, or in your case, you can tell she is comfortable and content! I love breastfeeding, it is a good way to calm a baby down too. My little girl bumps her head all the time (she is so clumsy) and I immediatly run up to her and pull down my shirt and she is instantly calm. It's the best!

Quoting faith610:

Breastfeeding my daughter has been an awesome (and not easy) journey (that's not near completion!) The bond I feel with her is just simply indescribable. I thank God I didn't give up when I really wanted to when dd was 3 months old. Since she was 2 months i started going to a bfing support group at my local hopspital, where over the past several months I learned that I really have a strong strong strong passion for bfing. I hope to now become an ibclc. I need 3 more college courses (I have a Bachelor's in Communication, but need 3 more health science classes) and I need to start my 1000 with a lc before I can qualify to take the test. I want to help women breastfeed, especially the ones that are told to give up by doctors like I was!

ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Yeah I know, and something else I have noticed too. My daughter was born in January, all of my other kids got really, really bad colds that year, all that my daughter had was a very little runny nose, nothing bad at all. When I bottle fed my other kids, they would be sick alot, but my little girl has hardly ever been sick. It really made me thankful that I breastfeed. She definitely is healthy and I honestly believe they are smarter that way too. She is learning things that my other kids learned at 2 years old and she is only 15 months old! I think that is awesome!

Quoting faith610:

I do the same when Bella gets hurt! It fixes everything. Just goes to show our bodies are made to nourish and comfort our babies! :)

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Quoting faith610:

faith610
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That's awesome!! My dd will be 11m in a little over a week and she has yet to be sick. She's my first so I have no other children to compare her to, but I think she's a pretty bright little girl. :) Breastfeeding is definitely awesome! Congrats on bfing your lo this long. :)

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Yeah I know, and something else I have noticed too. My daughter was born in January, all of my other kids got really, really bad colds that year, all that my daughter had was a very little runny nose, nothing bad at all. When I bottle fed my other kids, they would be sick alot, but my little girl has hardly ever been sick. It really made me thankful that I breastfeed. She definitely is healthy and I honestly believe they are smarter that way too. She is learning things that my other kids learned at 2 years old and she is only 15 months old! I think that is awesome!

Quoting faith610:

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Quoting faith610:

ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Thanks and congrats to you too!! =)

Quoting faith610:

That's awesome!! My dd will be 11m in a little over a week and she has yet to be sick. She's my first so I have no other children to compare her to, but I think she's a pretty bright little girl. :) Breastfeeding is definitely awesome! Congrats on bfing your lo this long. :)

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Quoting faith610:

Quoting ProudMommyOf6ix:

Quoting faith610:

ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Goodnight everyone! Going to lay beside of my little princess. Hope everyone has a wonderful night! =)

xoxo Breastfeeding mama's!! =)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

myerebeli
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I can't post a pic cuz I'm mobile but after reading all the posts I feel like there's something wrong with me bcuz I don't really enjoy bf. I bottle fed dd and have bf fs for 13.5 mo now so I have experienced both sides. Ds and I kinda had a rough start with poor latch and thrush for 2 mo but I was determined to bf anyway. Ds has not had a drop of formula which I am proud of and although I plan on letting him self wean I really am ready to be done. I feel like I'm broken for not enjoying it. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygardenia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I love it. I only have 2 kids 2 yrs apart but I fed from one to the ohter so I fed for 5 yrs....I loved every moment. I share a bond that is unexplainable. My daugher is 5 and my son is 3 and they still "check" if there is milk....very rare but it's awesome.

Plus my boobs look better than ever....even after the milk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)