Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Stupid dr :/

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

I think Pippi's been growing great!  She still nurses at least 2-3 times a day (probably colostrum by now), has at least 12-15 oz of donor milk, eats like a horse, and is pyschotically active.  Since her 12 month appointment she gained an entire lb and 2 in!  Still, she's only 17 lbs 13 oz and 31 in tall at almost 16 months (she's felt even heavier since that weight was taken over two weeks ago), very tall and skinny like her dad.  Her pedi has now decided we need to "come up with a plan" because she's "too thin."  *sigh*  So far I'm avoiding calling them back to see what this plan is...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Sigh. Been there, done that. With my first dd, we went through their "failure to thrive" theory, saw endocrinologists and nutritionists, submitted to tons of tests. And after a year and a half of constant weight checks, they pronounced her healthy but small, like both her parents. There seems to be no pleasing doctors, who think the 50th percentile is some mark of perfection and everyone above is too big and everyone below is too small.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My oldest was about that small & she was formula fed...I wouldn't worry about it maybe she's just small.

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

She was FTT (legit diagnosis), but that was when she was a newbie!  Between her tongue tie and dairy allergy, she was so sick and losing weight, very weak, wasn't meeting adjusted milestones (a month early).  Since I switched to EPing (later donor milk), she's exploded in growth and meets every milestone early!  We are dealing with dairy, wheat, eggs, peanut allergies (we obviously don't eat cats lol), so she eats a SUPER healthy diet.  Only fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, everything has to be fresh or she'll react.  Yesterday for lunch alone, she had 3 home jarred pear halves, 4 oz of homemade yams, half a banana, and taco chips, for dinner (two hours later) she had an entire adult sized bowl of carrots, potatoes, and pot roast, followed by an entire banana!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)