Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help! Tips to get the baby on the bottle

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

I need some tips how to get my two month old on a bottle ( been trying to get her to suck on Tommee Tippee, it's breast feeding friendly) but she will not take it from my grandmother who I ask to do it since I have a funny feeling she will not take anything from me expect my boobs. I am only doing this because I just got a new job to work in the evenings after quitting one few weeks ago ( it was due to the hours, I can't work on third shift ). Oh, it's all breast milk no formual.. I am pumping to store and use when I am away at work..

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
piwife
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Have u try other bottles. When grandma is offering the bottle are you in the house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittenmom001
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I would try giving the bottle yourself at first she may only feel comforatable feeding from you ans try changing bottles. What I do with my dd ( couldn't breast feed long :( ) is I held her to my boobs and I still do so she can feel them and smell them and then offer the bottle like that. I cou
Don't breast feed for medical reasons on her part but that's my advice.
Scarlette12
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I was in the next the room when it happen but she got so fussy after 20 minutes, I took her back and had to calm her down.. She blood red with the screaming and crying.

mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Of course she refused..she knew you were still there & why would she take it from a bottle when  the real thing is in the next room? When you need Grandma to watch baby next, you hand her a bottle & baby & leave. Baby will do one of two things.....1.)she will take the bottle when she's hungry enough or 2.) she will refuse the bottle at all costs &  just make up for it when you return. She won't starve...it's called reverse cycling & is totally ok.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Yep. Mom must be ABSENT completely. She knows you're there... she can hear/smell you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)