Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I know this isn't about breastfeeding but I really need some advice and support please ladies. I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to lose weight after having a baby but it is for me :( i am goin to be 6 months postpartum on Wednesday & haven't lost any weight since 6 weeks postpartum. I have let myself go. I haven't gained any more weight but I have 30 lbs to go before I'm back in a healthy range of weight. I need a hair cut, I need a massage, I need a little bit of confidence back. My biggest problem is I'm always hungry it seems! I admit I drink diet soda (very very bad), I love junk food, & lately I've been choosing little Debbie's over fruit and veggies. I don't drink enough water (maybe a bottle a day). How do I motivate myself? I guess I just needed to vent. I'm not happy I let myself get so big
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-19):
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM
My advice is weight watchers! They have a program for breastfeeding moms. It's great. I have never felt like I was on a diet. I have lost 25lbs in 3 months. I just hit my goal. It has done WONDERS for my confidence. (a haircut helped a lot too!) just go for it. Start now and don't stress about it. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Your husband may not think he needs to diet, but unless he's got a portrait like Dorian Gray, he is aging and needs to lay the groundwork NOW for middle age and beyond.

It's OK to have treats in the house, Dole them out in moderation.

meagan0716
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I need to lose 30lbs to. I drink nothing but water. Every once and a blue moon i will drink a dr. Peper. But only when i get a caffine headache.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was a teenager I had very bad eating habits (I had other issues but I won't go into that). I ended up weighing 230 lbs. Like you, I chose unhealthy food over the healthy all the time. I wasn't used to doing anything different. I needed a lifestyle change but I really didn't know how to go about it and I sort of dreaded the work it would take to change my diet. I'll tell you how I was able to change. It may seem drastic though.

I started by only eating 2 types of food for a week. I chose chicken and bran cereal. Nothing else. Why those two? because cereal was easy and had lots of fiber and vitamins. I chose chicken because it has protien and was a leaner meat. Then the next week I added 2 more foods, I chose broccoli because I was sick of eating chicken alone and grapes. I I kept adding new foods every week for about two months until I got used to eating healthier foods. For me, normal dieting wouldn't have worked, I had already failed many times. I'd sneak in this or that because of some reason, most likely laziness or confusion about what to eat. To combat that I only gave myself certain choices. Eventually I got to where I didn't even need to think about it because I had changed the way I ate. I went from 230 lbs to 160. And of course I exercized.

I know it's drastic but it's how I had to do it for myself. I'm about 186 after pregnancy now and want to get back down to 160. I know 160 sounds big but on me its good, I got smaller at one point but I hated the way I looked. If you want someone to chat with and hold each other accountable I'm there.I have no intention of doing what I did before, atleast not to the same extreme, but I am going to make a plan using the same principals because I too have let myself go. I got stupid about what I ate during my pregnancy.

Here I am at 160..

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Start focusing on adding healthy things into your diet rather than removing unhealthy stuff. Sometimes it's easier to motivate yourself to change that way if you don't have the radical makeover motivation in ya right now.

If you want to drink a diet soda, make yourself drink a big glass/bottle of water first. Try to make the amount of water at least twice as much as the amount of soda you want to drink. It's not hard to chug some water :-)

Same thing with junk food, if you want some you have to eat a small healthy snack and drink some water first. Them have a small portion of the junk food.

If you don't exercise, START!!! Just putting the baby in a carrier/stroller and going for a walk is a great start, and will help your overall mood/motivation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
You can do it

GoodyBrook
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Quoting dietsunkist:

Thank you so much ladies! All of your advice was so helpful! Unfortunately my husband doesn't need to diet so well still have junk but we went to the produce store & stocked up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies & got some whole wheat bread to snack on. I love walking and swimming so i hope I can get dh or my mom to watch dd so I can workout a little :)

Swimming is my choice of exercise, too.  DS went with me to the pool every day last summer.  He was happy sitting in his bouncy chair by the lifeguard as I swam laps at my local pool and had water aerobics with the ladies.

This summer, he'll be older, so I've purchased a floatation device so he can join me in the water during water aerobics.  Hopefully he'll still be sleeping through lap swim, as that's from 7-8 a.m.

He love the water, and doesn't even mind seeing his mama in goggles and a swim cap!

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:06 AM
not sure if they have it where u live but polar seltzer water has AWESOME flavors! i used to be addicted to soda. but now i am obsessed with their diff flavors. my favs are granny smith apple and orange vanilla. if u cant get polar maybe there r other kinds of flavored seltzer water u can try. u will see a huge diff when u stop drinking soda! ur body will metabolize things better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:15 PM
He may not need a diet, but everyone can do without processed junk food...but i understand ...my dh loves his pop tarts and oreos...

Quoting dietsunkist:

Thank you so much ladies! All of your advice was so helpful! Unfortunately my husband doesn't need to diet so well still have junk but we went to the produce store & stocked up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies & got some whole wheat bread to snack on. I love walking and swimming so i hope I can get dh or my mom to watch dd so I can workout a little :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN