Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
DD is 7 1/2 mo old and I ebf... I still haven't started my period which I'm ok with and have heard that I may not get it for a while. Is their mamas out there the same as me? Or moms that have gone through it how long was it till you got yours back?
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (21-25):
PEEK05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I got mine back when my son was 8 months old.

McMomma3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Mine was 13 months when mine came back and it was irregular, so now I'm pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 1, 2012 at 12:13 AM

We;ve had moms get it back at six weeks, and moms get it back at two years plus. We've had moms go baby to baby to baby without... making for a period-free decade! All variations are normal.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I am eagerly awaiting my menopause. If the doc wanted to do a hysterectomy on me I'd ask if it could be booked in the next five minutes. I'd prefer the Y Chromosome Defect to that aspect of being a woman!

Quoting eckielady:

LOL. That is part of being a woman that I would be thrilled to NEVER have to deal with again. I have a friend that didn't get hers for almost 3 years. :D

Quoting wendy1433:

That's good to know :) I mean I love not having it but at the same time not having it makes me feel not so much of a woman if you know what I mean.
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I did ecological bf'ing with dd... babyled solids starting at 6 months... she wasn't really interested in eating much until 11.5 months. I got my first period at 14 months pp. Got pg at 18 months pp. I think the frequent nursing and minimal solids help stave off my period for so long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)