Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ugh, my dad and dh are telling me that me breastfeeding is a pain

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 91 Replies
Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM
7 moms liked this
You'd have to stop what you're doing if you bottle fed too ;)
You can do it, it does get easier and it's convienent too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That's dumb!! You have to feed the baby! It doesn't matter if you BF or FF you need to sit down and spend time with your child care for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chey88
6 moms liked this

Tell them that until they can sit and feed baby from their man boobs to leave you alone!! Baby eating is more important than what they are wanting you to do.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
4 moms liked this
what's the difference, you'd still have to stop what you're doing, make a damn bottle and feed baby??? grrr tell em to mind their own! lol you are bf to make your baby happy, not them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiK
2 moms liked this

Tell them you really want to make this work, and it'd be nice if they would support you since it's what is best for your baby. My husband wasn't too supportive until I let him know how much it discouraged me. He didn't realize he was doing that

babyspots17
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
But even if you bottle feed you still need to stop and feed him I guess I don't see their point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Don't let them discourage you!! You're doing great!!!

Besides doing what's best for baby you'd have to stop what you're doing to make a bottle of formula and sit to feed it to him if you didn't nurse. This way you've cut out the middle man (mixing formula) by nursing.
velvetkitty
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Ignore them.  If it stresses you out, leave the room and be alone if possible while feeding.  Don't let them stop you.  *hugs* momma.

louzannalady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Then, are they going to sit and hold the bottle and baby while you get up and do stuff? Are they going to cook supper or walk the dog or whatever it is you have to do, so you can pump a bottle, so they CAN feed DS, then wash the pump for you and the bottle you put the milk in? Explain that until they are ready to clean the pump and the bottles and feed the bottle to DS every single time, then you are going to this the way that is best for baby and best for your supply and best for time management! : )

PEEK05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell them that isn't any concern of theirs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)