Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh, my dad and dh are telling me that me breastfeeding is a pain

Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
misslady80013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Until they grow boobs and lactate, tell them to shut up! Keep up the good work and don't let them bother you. Whether bf or ff you would still have to stop what you are doing so that makes no sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Until they get off their rears & DO something to help you then tell them to shut up! Geesh you're only a month in....

R3G1N4_L0V3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Don't be discourage, you can always get the Moby wrap and it always you to put the baby in it so she/he can feed and you can get done what you need to.

lundaylove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

you can breastfeed in a sling or wrap and then you arent tied down.... but either way your dad and dh are idiots.

armywife0424
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM
What is getting tongue tie clipped? I've seen women talk about this but I have no clue what it is?

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoSugars
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I take it they would just prop the bottle and ignore the baby if they had their way. Tell them to stfu, you don't need the opinion of those who are not going to be supportive of your choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM
This

Quoting velvetkitty:

Ignore them.  If it stresses you out, leave the room and be alone if possible while feeding.  Don't let them stop you.  *hugs* momma.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmama06
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM
There is only two differences between the two. You don't have to buy formula and clean bottles all the time! So this is the easer choice.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a bunch of bottles and nipples, set them all fully assembled on the counter, and have them wash, sanitize, and reassemble them all!

Oh, and don't forget to record your baby crying and play it on a loop really loud for 10 minutes at 3am to simulate how long it would take you to get ready for that night feeding.

Also, invest in a sling you can nurse in so you can walk around.  There are some great youtube videos showing you how to use different slings.

Formula feedings would still mean stopping to feed baby.  But you'd have to make the bottle, feed baby, clean up bottle, etc.

Stand up for yourself.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM
8 moms liked this

You know what is a pain and really "ties you down"? HAVING A BABY!!!!

I don't understand peopel who think babies must just sit in a crib looking cute, and you take them out a few times a day to give them a bottle and change their diaper? That's not normal.

Hang in there mama, don't let them get you down!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)