Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ugh, my dad and dh are telling me that me breastfeeding is a pain

Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
payesmama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Don't listen to those men!  They don't know what's best...you do!!  Caring for babies takes time away from doing other things...that's just the way it goes!  Stick to it, and tell them to butt out!

faith610
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It's not called being tied down, it's called being a mommy. This is what our bodies are made to do. Society thinks we should be able to "do it all" and we look for ways to make life easier (ex: if baby is on formula someone else can feed them while mom does other things). Easier does not mean it's the right way to do things. Breast milk is what your lo needs. You are doing SO MUCH when you sit down to nurse your sweet baby. 

armywife0424
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Omg that sounds painful

Quoting frat_twin_mama:

Underneath the tongue is a strip of tissue that attaches the tongue to the bottom of the mouth.  When a baby is tongue tied the strip is either too short or comes too far to the front of the tongue so the baby can't stick out its tongue very far making latching and nursing difficult and can affect speech later in life.  If it is severe enough the doctor with clip or cut the tissue so the baby can stick its tongue out to a more normal length.  If it isn't too severe it can gradually be stretched out with some exercises so the baby has normal tongue movement.

Quoting ar mywife0424:

What is getting tongue tie clipped? I've seen women talk about this but I have no clue what it is?

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maisy08
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I'm with the others baby's gotta eat, what do they expect? The baby only to eat when they want?
beethann
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Yup!

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

You'd have to stop what you're doing if you bottle fed too ;)

You can do it, it does get easier and it's convienent too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Y Chromosome Defect at work. IGNORE.

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I got to the point where I'd walk around, nurse, and do everything one-handed. Doesn't sound like it's painful for them -- unless they want a reason to sit down every couple of hours :)

Fields456
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I was unssecessful in breast feeding( i didnt produce) but if this this something you want to do don't listen to them. Your dad and dh will never know what it is like don't let them discourage you
SchmidtyBaby
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:58 AM
I think many men are jealous and want to feed the baby, too. DH did this weird thing when we had our LO. We had 2 cats. One was overeating. When I was pregnant I kept commenting on her weight. Right after we got home after delivering DD, he started regulating the cat food to 1 cup twice daily. At feeding time the cats cry and bug him. I think he unconsciously did this so he would feel needed. Maybe you could pump once in a while, take se mommy time, and let him feed the baby? This is just a theory I pulled out of no where from a ftm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:01 AM

YELL DAD,DH IT ANT THAR TITS ITS URS ..U WILL HAVE TO STOP WHAT UR DOING ANY WAY TO FEED EM..TELL EM GET OVER IT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN