Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ugh, my dad and dh are telling me that me breastfeeding is a pain

Because I have to stop what I'm doing and feed him and then I'm tied down till he's done...its really discouraging :( he's a month old and I've ebf since he was a week old, I pumped for a week but got him to latch after his tongue tie was clipped, I don't wanna pump and I really want to bf at least 6 months...ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
ssgtgrl12
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Girl dont listen to your dad and DH they are men..what do they know about breastfeeding..your giving your baby the best nutrients that you can give him or her..continue to breastfeed!!

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM
My hubby thinks they are uncomfortable with your breastfeeding and are trying to make excuses.
Either way babies are time consuming. pumping from personal experience is more time consuming. They don't get a say in how you feed your child.
Keep up the good work mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM
If your family thinks bf is a pain they need to think of the money you are saving. Bf is convenient especially during a storm. It's been proven to be.healthier. I agree that bf gives.you a chance to bond with baby while relaxing. Your honey can take care of himself for.20 mins. What's wrong with any of that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geekmommy84
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM

you'd have to stop what doing even if you are FFing...that be my response you are doing great momma!!! you can do this!!!!

Repeat after me: "I Can Do This"

DawnPratt23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell the big babies that the true little baby takes priority over them. My ex was like that. I hated it, my husband now was 100% supportive in the bf our 3 children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM
That's so sad mama . Even my SO said they need to shut up and see the special nurishment that your providing for your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I agree with everyone else. Just ignore them and continue doing what you know is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2lexinmark
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Ud waste the same time cleaning fixing bottle....plus ur saving mad dough..lol!!!! Just keep it up. ..they will get over it...wen ur ready to be done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eckielady
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Wow!! I kinda want to smack your husband. I would be sitting down with him and telling him that it's his job to support you. Grrr!!! Whether he likes you bf or not doesn't matter. I'm sorry Momma. I know how hard it is when our SO aren't our biggest cheerleaders (My ex-db). 

Seriously, have you tried talking to your dh about him being unsupportive?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)