Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weight loss

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm not nursing just to lose weight, but it seems to be working well. I've lost 31 pounds from basically just bfing. My question is, have you found there is a plateau to the weight loss from nursing? Anyone lose all the weight just from nursing? My baby is three months old.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slransde
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I didn't lose any from breastfeeding....super jealous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I did!! Me! Me! Of course, after birth I weighed 125lbs and normally I'm 105-110 lbs. So that was only a 15lbs loss. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmommy7
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Me and i went back to the doctors today and i lost more weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassondra09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I have lost all the baby weight from both kids by breast feeding and this time I have lost 20 more lbs!! I want to keep breast feeding past a year but a lot of people around me are thinking its weird and my ds is 10 months old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Did you actually lose 31 pounds after what you lost from delivery? (just curious)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've lost 35 already (8 weeks pp) so that leaves 5 to go till prepregnancy weight. With dd1 I gained 60 lbs and lost it all plus some just from bfing and going to work. It took 6 months the first time though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quoting larissalarie:

Did you actually lose 31 pounds after what you lost from delivery? (just curious)

Um, that's a good point. Now that you bring it up! Lol. I think I lost twenty pounds very shortly after delivery, but I'm not sure bc I didn't weigh myself right away, I didn't want to get depressed.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Lol, that's kinda how I was with my second. I was retaining sooooo much water (my hands were numb constantly from it ( and he was a big guy, so I came home from the hospital almost 40 (at least 35, I was so freaked I couldn't look at the scale anymore) pounds lighter than when I went in. them about 2 weeks later I had dropped another 10. So I could say I lost 50 pounds in 2 weeks from breastfeeding, but I really just lost 10, the rest was delivery(and no I didn't gain anywhere close 45+ pounds while pregnant!)
Quoting katemma:

Quoting larissalarie:

Um, that's a good point. Now that you bring it up! Lol. I think I lost twenty pounds very shortly after delivery, but I'm not sure bc I didn't weigh myself right away, I didn't want to get depressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Around 3-4 mo weight loss stopped i lost 33lbs.gained only 11 during preg. Gained 7 back at 7 mo pp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Pre-conception I weighed 159 lb (5 ft 7.75 in). Right before labor I reached 209 lb. Before I left the hospital I was at 196, and the baby was 8 lb 2 oz, I found that discouraging. But by 4 months post-birth I was at 162. I got down to 150, and now hover in the 150-155 range at 18 months, still bfing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)