Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Good bye co-sleeping :(

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

3 month DS2 hates it...He wants his own space..We sweat next to each other So, That's why he kicks me at night he's hot and sweaty he's trying to get away from me..My DH always told me he could not sleep next to me because I'm like a hot oven baking all night..I'm kinda glad not to co-sleep with my son and sad too..I will just have to keep him in his bed next to mine and put back with me to nurse then put him back to his bed after if I don't fall asleep LOL

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mama02040608
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Co sleeping is sharing a sleeping space. Bed sharing is sharing a bed :) You still are co-sleeping :). Every mom and baby have to figure out what works best for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
This...my son sleeps right next to my side of the bed in his pack and play. I can reach out and touch him when he is sleeping. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love being close to him.

Quoting mama02040608:

Co sleeping is sharing a sleeping space. Bed sharing is sharing a bed :) You still are co-sleeping :). Every mom and baby have to figure out what works best for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, His pack and play is next to my side of the bed.. I can touch him too and don't have to get out of bed to get him..I'm going to buy him a crib soon and side car my bed

Quoting kathislove80:

This...my son sleeps right next to my side of the bed in his pack and play. I can reach out and touch him when he is sleeping. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love being close to him.

Quoting mama02040608:

newbabystarr09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I just liked having him next to me skin to skin he is in only a daiper and I am topless..It helped with breastfeeding..and bonding

aimhawk
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

We co-sleep. DS's crib is on DH's side of the bed. I cannot nurse in the bed. Any time he needed to nurse during the night we went to our spot on the couch. Now he nurses before bed and then I wake him up at 6am to eat.

ncoates04
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand the feelings...dh complains that he cant sharw our bed because of dd ssleeping with me (hes dramatic I know)...so I have been trying to keep putting her back in her bed even on the nights dh works (he works thirds so he only shares the bed two nights a week)....but I am finding that I just cannot sleep, I am constantly waking up and cant get cimfortable....for me I am,not ready to stop she is 13 months and its just not gonna happen....i will conntinue the routine of her nursing to sleep, going in her bed until she wakes up and then come to bed with me....it still gives at least 3 hrs of us time. I just cant sleep without her at this time and she sleeps so much better with me

Sorry for taking over your post, just had it hit a soft spot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM
This is what I've always done with our dd. When she was a newborn she slept in a bassinet right next to our bed, when she outgrew it we got her a nice pack and play and put it back next to our bed. She's almost 14 months old and is still sleeping in it. I love having her right there! :)

Quoting newbabystarr09:

Yeah, His pack and play is next to my side of the bed.. I can touch him too and don't have to get out of bed to get him..I'm going to buy him a crib soon and side car my bed

Quoting kathislove80:

Quoting mama02040608:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 12:41 PM

AWWW thats ok my 3rd child the first to EBF hated it too...when he got old enough he would come into the room nurse and then go back to his bed on his own

newbabystarr09
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

:) its OK you talked on my post..I don't think you talked over it..That's what we post for it's to support mom's..I'm sorry it's a soft spot for you...It just makes me sad because the skin on skin tummy to tummy and nursing upped my milk supply Big time..and he's going through his 3 month growth spurt right now..

Quoting ncoates04:

I understand the feelings...dh complains that he cant sharw our bed because of dd ssleeping with me (hes dramatic I know)...so I have been trying to keep putting her back in her bed even on the nights dh works (he works thirds so he only shares the bed two nights a week)....but I am finding that I just cannot sleep, I am constantly waking up and cant get cimfortable....for me I am,not ready to stop she is 13 months and its just not gonna happen....i will conntinue the routine of her nursing to sleep, going in her bed until she wakes up and then come to bed with me....it still gives at least 3 hrs of us time. I just cant sleep without her at this time and she sleeps so much better with me

Sorry for taking over your post, just had it hit a soft spot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)