Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

it's nice and all, but....

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
I just don't like this pump from wic. It's one of those electric ones, and it's got a case, but it's huge! I don't know if I'm going to keep it. I need a pump, but this thing takes up too much space. It's just not practical. I get my 15 minute breaks but I spend at least 5 of that going and getting it from my car because there's no space for it in my little locker at work. I can't afford another one... I had a little manual one with my first baby, but hardly used it cuz I was a sahm back then... Any one have any recommendations?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rainray2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM
What is the brand? Both Medela pumps I've had we're big but they do have a backpack style. Medela also has a easy to use manual pump.
There isn't another spot to keep your pump? Pumps are so expensive, especially for a good one. I would hate to have you buy another one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krs_tristan
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM
If its the Lactina. I can relate!! But luckily, they gave me a double electric diaper bag style. It's a it smaller. The hand pump is amazing, but not fast enough if you're in a crunch. IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Is it attached to the case? Mine was a HUGE blue plastic monster BUT the pump would come out of the case and I could put it in a smaller bag to use it.  I only toted the blue monster case when I WENT to WIC.  My WIC now gives the monster for  months then gives mom a pump in style advance thats smaller, much smaller.

mama_grizz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM
It comes out of the case, but it's still big and bulky. At work I have a small half-locker, which hardly fits my clothes, purse, and the cooler bag for the milk (the fridge has too many people who use it so I worry about my milk getting messed with or moved). And at school, I've already got my books and supplies to lug around. I was good with my little manual, which fits inside the cooler bag. It sucked though, and not in the literal sense... I paid $20 for it. I'm just annoyed I had to wait 2 months for this huge beast that's just impractical.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn132
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM
If you could buy one, I personally loved the freestyle. It's very small and does not need plugged in. I used it for two months while exclusively pumping, and it worked great! It is Medela also.
Daynaof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM
First, before you buy anything I would call and see if they have a different pump you could use from WIC. The offices I work for have two or three different kinds we can loan. Then, I would check with your insurance(if you haven't already) to see if they will cover a pump.
How big is your locker? What type of work do you do? Is it possible to have someone you trust watch over the bag for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I'll definitely have to call them. I'm on state medicaid as my work doesn't offer benefits... I clean at a hospital. It is a small square locker, I only get one. And right now I only know one person in town, and that's my sitter. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a small one, if it comes to it the one I have works okay, just losing suction already and I've only been using it for about 2 months or so. But I will definitely call wic :) besides since I had to wait 2 months for it I'm sure they'll give it to somebody who needs it more than I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Here in MA masshealth will cover nice pumps depending on what plan you have, look into it you might be pleasantly surprised. Call them. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:25 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN