Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Poll

Question: For those that EBF the first 6 months, how big was your LO?

Options:

Above the 55th percentile

Average (45%-55%)

On the smaller side (below 45%)

I have more then one child and they we're very different (if you want just explain in replies)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (21-27):
FLmommy0204
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Mine was in the 15th percentile.  But so was my FF.  I don't think it matters if it's formula or breast.  Children have their own body size and growth rate they are born with.

LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

First child: She was above average, but not by much. If memory serves, she was always in the 50-60 percentile in weight.

Second child: Off the charts. lol He was in the 95% at his one month check up. After that, woosh! Off. :)

At his four month checkup, the doctor walked into the room and said "For Pete's sake, feed that kid! Clearly he's starving!"

Smartass. lol

ashleigheg
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I think we must have the same doctor, lol.

My DD was 25% at birth, 85% at 2 months, 90% at 4 months, 75% at 6 months, and now at 14 months is right around 25% again.

Our pedi came in at her 6 month visit and said something very similar, lol

Quoting LKRA:

First child: She was above average, but not by much. If memory serves, she was always in the 50-60 percentile in weight.

Second child: Off the charts. lol He was in the 95% at his one month check up. After that, woosh! Off. :)

At his four month checkup, the doctor walked into the room and said "For Pete's sake, feed that kid! Clearly he's starving!"

Smartass. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM
bump

mamabens
by Miranda on May. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I only have one that was EBF. I'm not sure where he would fit because  we don't do well checks & I ignore perentages.  He was over 10 lbs at birth  & by 6 months was up to almost 20.

JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Dd was average until she started walking! Then the dr got worried...she's fine now =) still small lol but doing just fine
catholicmamamia
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:25 PM

All were average. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN