Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Q for all you ladies update

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

DS will be 10 months on friday and we feed him baby food from the jars and table food, DH thinks we need to just give him baby food from the jar but i keep telling him that food at this point is just for play and that he doesn't need it to live i am doing baby led soilds. he takes to table food really well, we get baby food from WIC so DH thinks we need to give DS the jar food. can u ladies give me some info that i can give DH to see that DS dosent need the jar food.   thanks

by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama02040608
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM
6 moms liked this
What did moms do before Gerber? 'Nuff said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 1, 2012 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Allowing baby's to feed themselves help with fine motor skills.

Baby food from jars it processed, natural foods are better for you.

Babies will learn texture and tastes better from real whole foods than from a jar (the taste is different, more bland, and the consistancy is the same.

I'm sure there is sooo much info out there. Search under baby led solids. We did this, I just insisted and DH followed along.

07lilmama1108
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM
This!! I absolutely agree! Food is just learning now.

Quoting Precious333:

Allowing baby's to feed themselves help with fine motor skills.

Baby food from jars it processed, natural foods are better for you.

Babies will learn texture and tastes better from real whole foods than from a jar (the taste is different, more bland, and the consistancy is the same.

I'm sure there is sooo much info out there. Search under baby led solids. We did this, I just insisted and DH followed along.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cek302
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

You can always use the jar food in other ways like add veggies to mac-n-cheese, fruits to quick breads (like banana bread or zucchini bread, a lot of recipes have applesauce as an alternative to eggs), add to smoothies and more. So if you get the baby food for free, you can still make use of it (even using it for yourself) or combine it to make more nutritious food for baby. 

PEEK05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM

He does not need the jar food, though I have to say if you are feeding him yourself from a jar, you are not following baby led solids...

darrensmom11
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Oooo. . I like this idea. I Have a few recipes that ask for apple sauce. . . Baby apple sauce will still work the same? As far as flavor?

Quoting cek302:

You can always use the jar food in other ways like add veggies to mac-n-cheese, fruits to quick breads (like banana bread or zucchini bread, a lot of recipes have applesauce as an alternative to eggs), add to smoothies and more. So if you get the baby food for free, you can still make use of it (even using it for yourself) or combine it to make more nutritious food for baby. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM
My 10m old likes to eat table food also. He literally licks his lips and I Can tell his mouth salivates when He sees us eating. I give him a taste of what we Have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cek302
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM

applesauce is applesauce. My MIL buys babyfood carrots (how dumb is that?) to use in a recipe she has for carrot cake. I bet you can search the net for all kinds of clever ideas.

annaica
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/02/21/garden/eating-well.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0813/is_n3_v23/ai_18164272/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM
http://www.fyiliving.com/diet/cex-tdf-how-healthy-is-that-baby-food/

This one is interesting too
http://www.refluxcookbookblog.com/2010/04/19/whoa-baby-even-some-baby-food-is-acidic/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN