Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help! I think I feel a tooth coming in

Posted by   + Show Post
Hes only 7 weeks and we JUST started getting the breastfeeding on track. This makes me want to cry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM
That could just be a growth spurt

But just to explore possibilities, is he gassy? What do poops look like? Does he pop on and off the breast?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM
He was passing gas a lot earlier, poops are fine.
On nipple til asleep, pops off, wakes up and screams. Just found baby orajel..seems to have calmed him some.
Being bottle fed now and will probably do same as ob the nip
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM
My little booby addict has 6 teeth (possibly getting the next 'set' in, she teethes in doubles) and she's never hurt me with them. Well.. I have stupidly put my finger in her mouth more than once, but that's off topic. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Long as he is properly latched and feeding a tooth should not effect breastfeeding.
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 2, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Teethe  shouldn't affect nursing, if he's latched right. Many of us nurse/have nursed toddlers with a mouthful of teeth with no issues.

ETA...I would  use hylands teething tablets like others have mentioned. I have 3 dentists over 3 kids advise me to NOT use baby oragel because it actually toughens the gums making the teeth harder to pop through.

krs_tristan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
You an use pure vanilla extract, just dip your finger in it and rub on gums. The alcohol will help with the pain! my 12 week old has been teething for the last 5 weeks. The corner is just now popping through on one side. He's been attached to the boob and mostly will only sleep while attached during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)