Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

absolutely annoyed! ADVICE NEEDED PLZ!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
My ds is 9m old. I bf and he has yet to stay away from me for any more then half an hr! My MIL keeps making comments like hes getting a little old to still be on the nip dont ya think and telling my dh that im being selfish by continuing to bf bc she believes the only purpose of my BFing is so she cant watch him!!!! Are you serious I would not by no means do something if I didnt want to just to spite someone else! I have no prob with her watching DS when him and I both feel comfortable being apart right now IS NOT that time. I have tried talking to her about this nicely she smiles and say oh hun im just picking but then goes to dh to bash me for wanting to bf till at least 2! Im at a loss I dont know what to do but I will not give in bc she wants me to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM
4 moms liked this
The best advice I can give you is to ignore her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM
5 moms liked this
Sounds like the only one being selfish is her. Obviously she doesn't care to know what is best for her grandchild. If she did, she'd be more supportive. I am sorry she is being that way :( like larissa said, just ignore her. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boysrablessing
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh and I were brought up soooo different. In the end my mom a L&D nurse taught me the benefits of mothers milk and dhs went for the convience of formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Stay strong and tell both of them you know what your baby needs most and that you are seeing to that need.  If necessary, tell them the AMA recommends  BF for two years or until the baby weans himself!

comf
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Ignore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM
my MIL gives us a hard time too. the past yr she has become sickly and weak but doesnt understand her limitations. she cannot carry a milk jug upstairs yet she insists she can safely walk around holdhing DS. no matter what we say she keeps asking to babysit and when we say no she gets mad and says "thats bc u dont trust me" or "u think i'm an invalid". the other day she was trying to throw DS in the air and catch him. i have a babyshower at the end of june i am going to and she is already guilting me into babysitting. she is invited but "she wd rather stay home wt the baby". soooo anoyyyyying!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Tell her to f off lol. My sister Breastfed her kids till they were 2. And told ak, the grandparents that they could watch them over night paced they were weened. Sorry your mil isn't supportive
Scarlette12
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex's mother is starting to ask about my daughter lately, then about  if I been pumping and she is on the bottle yet.. I am sorry she wants to watch her for a day since she hasn't be able to come around but I am not comfortable... The problem was she went through to my mother first before asking me? I know I am a young mother but I still have rights to what my daughter of how I want to do things ( in example the breast feeding).. She'll be on the bottle soon because of me needing to work to support her and I know my ex's mother will be hounding me to take her for a day.. -sigh- I agree above either tell her straight or just ignore her...

frustrated

Edit: I'm sorry she isn't supportive :/  Meant to put that in first, lack of sleep Lol

littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Stick to your guns and ignore her completely. You know whats best for your child. DD didn't want to be away from me until she was over a year old. Totally normal. Totally ok.

sreichelt26
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. And if she brings it up, tell her it's not up for discussion.

Quoting larissalarie:

The best advice I can give you is to ignore her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN