Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Shocking .....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this
The news actually showed and talked about breastfeeding . The showed a woman nursing her baby . The said do not throw pacis out . Bc it actually develops a baby to want to nurse . It helps a baby nurse and want to breastfeed . It was cool seeing that on tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Cool that she was nursing on tv. Unsure of why its suddenly so important to have a paci. I understand some moms love to use them and some moms hate them. dd was never offered one and she is still nursing at 21 months without us ever having issues.

Angeleyes_6
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I am nursing my 6th baby and I never used a paci. I nursed each baby for 2 years and never had a issue. They hated paci's and so does my new baby. So I guess I am confused on the paci thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

That is pretty neat. At first I hated how my LO became a paci baby, but now after seeing so many moms complaining or wishing they weren't a human paci I am glad he takes one. My first never took one...He was a thumb baby lol. He self weaned from the thumb around 15 months old.

graycalico
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I wonder how women were successful at breastfeeding before pacifiers were invented. Thank you modern technology.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I think using the paci taught my dd how to suck. She wasn't doing well until we introduced the paci. She used it for about a week and now nurse like a champ, but won't take a paci
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crystal_S
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I know too many babes that start using their thumb to pacify themselves and then the habit sticks with them for years. A paci can be taken away - which can break the habit. Just my experience 

mestiza_07
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Agreed...my son never took to a pacifier but started sucking his thumb from the beginning and still at 3 1/2 years I'm still trying to break it...I finally got it to bedtimes and naptimes.

Quoting Crystal_S:

I know too many babes that start using their thumb to pacify themselves and then the habit sticks with them for years. A paci can be taken away - which can break the habit. Just my experience 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 6:16 AM
This is my thinking as well. some babies have a greater need to suck then others do. I prefer binkies to thumbs
Op it is suprising that the news would have a breastfeeding story. Hopefully bf becomes more common and accepted.

Quoting Crystal_S:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

This is what my grandma told me. In fact, she tells a story of standing over her daughter in her crib, holding a paci in her mouth. when she was sure her daughter was asleep, she slowly took her finger off and ... pop... out goes the paci, in goes the thumb! lol...

I didn't offer dd a paci, but she didn't ever take to sucking her thumb either. I think she was nursing enough to satisfy her suckling needs.

Quoting Crystal_S:

mommajeje
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I wish my son would take a paci, instead he crawls over to me for comfort sucking =/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN