Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how do you wean?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son has been ebf sence birth he is 8 months and i want him to have breastmilk till he is 1 he takes no kind of bottle so i am trying a cup, i need to wean him off my boob becuase he will not sleep unless it's in his mouth we co sleep and he will not sleep at all if he doesn't nurse all night long. it's getting real hard i graduate school soon and want to get a job. so whats the best way to get him to sleep on his own and take a cup . any advice wouldbe great :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WONDERMOMMY326
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM

BUMP!

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Weaning and getting him to sleep on his own are two very separate issues :-)

As far as weaning, you drop one feeding week until all gone. If you start weaning now, you will have to give formula to replace nursing until at least 12 months.

If sleep is the real problem, you should work on changing your sleeping habits/arrangements, since weaning won't address that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geronima2003
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM
So when u skip the feeding do you give him milk? I

Quoting larissalarie:

As far as weaning, you drop one feeding week until all gone. If you start weaning now, you will have to give formula to replace nursing until at least 12 months.

If sleep is the real problem, you should work on changing your sleeping habits/arrangements, since weaning won't address that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on May. 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Before 1year, when you skip a feeding in order to wean, you give formula in it's place.

Quoting geronima2003:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Can you try feeding more during the day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, formula. Any time baby wants to nurse and you refuse, you give formula instead.

Quoting geronima2003:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)