Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would it be bad ....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM
  • 31 Replies
When my son turns 8 mths old i start giving him bm in a bottle? And if not how many oz will it be ok to give him at that age? he'll be 5mths soon but i just want to make sure that i get all the,facts right before making that move. And i want too make sure thats ok. All advice will be appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Scarlette12
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Nevermind read it wrong! I heard about 2 to 5 ounces... I could be wrong...

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
At 8 months I would give it in a cup.
Are you going to give it just because? If you are being separated from baby, follow the ounce an hour rule. If you are giving it just for fun, keep it to a couple of ounces at most. If he starts refusing to nurse, cut it out for the time being.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM
How in a cup? In a sippy cup or in regular cup? How does that work? I,want to do this cause cosleeping isnt working out, he just gtg too used,too sleeping with us and i would like to cuddle with my husband again but not give up bf or bm. If i could give him bm in a bottle that'll be awesome. I just dont want too feel guilty for using one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:52 AM
i nurse in a chair then put DS in a crib. he usually falls asleep at that last feeding but if not i put him in the crib and walk away. i only go back if he is crying or needs his binky. he eventually falls asleep, doesnt usually take long. i think he gets bored cuz i am not there to keep him entertained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Ahhh you want to switch to exclusively pumping! That's totally different from what I thought.
Does he take a bottle now? EP is very difficult, especially at that age. You can transition baby to sleeping in a crib without bottle feeding :-)
(the last baby I babysat was still sleeping in his parents bed at THREE when I quit watching him and he was formula fed from day one)

Quoting McM0609:

How in a cup? In a sippy cup or in regular cup? How does that work? I,want to do this cause cosleeping isnt working out, he just gtg too used,too sleeping with us and i would like to cuddle with my husband again but not give up bf or bm. If i could give him bm in a bottle that'll be awesome. I just dont want too feel guilty for using one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I do too but hes still waking up every 2-3 hours for a feeding at night and i get soo tired and bored feeding him so i cosleep to get some shut eye,or i'll be awake all night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Exclusively pumping qon't change his desire to sleep next to him. You just need to work on gently transitioning h to the crib. Six months is about the age we do that too. No bottle required.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Yes, he has no problem taking a bottle and the nipple. He takes both with no problem. Why and how is it more difficult EP?

Quoting larissalarie:

Ahhh you want to switch to exclusively pumping! That's totally different from what I thought.

Does he take a bottle now? EP is very difficult, especially at that age. You can transition baby to sleeping in a crib without bottle feeding :-)

(the last baby I babysat was still sleeping in his parents bed at THREE when I quit watching him and he was formula fed from day one)

Quoting McM0609:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Well if you wanna switch to pumping and bottle feeding at 8 months, that's your choice! It might help, it might not :-) Good luck. (and unless you decide to quit feeding baby altogether, there's nothing to feel bad about. Just be aware that bottle feeding is unlikely to fix the issues you're concerned about)
Quoting McM0609:

Yes, he has no problem taking a bottle and the nipple. He takes both with no problem. Why and how is it more difficult EP?

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting McM0609:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
That's us too. I'm actually bummed because after loosing my partial nighttime cuddler awhile back, now he's decided he can't cuddle & nurse for his nap either :-(

Quoting lifetimelove:

Exclusively pumping qon't change his desire to sleep next to him. You just need to work on gently transitioning h to the crib. Six months is about the age we do that too. No bottle required.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)