Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm looking for suggestions

Posted by   + Show Post

I am working on the final part of my English paper. : )

I have to discuss TWO effects of more moms nursing for at least one to two years. She asked for a short-term effect and a long-term effect. For the short-term, I am going to talk about how babies get antibodies to keep them healthier. 

I would like suggestions for something to use for the long-term effect. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Replies (21-26):
heathercm26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Google virgin gut. Then dust your hands off. All tge research is right there. Kellymom is also a good resource, and tge CDC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I have already used the CDC as a reference, so I need somewhere else to get information.

Quoting heathercm26:

Google virgin gut. Then dust your hands off. All tge research is right there. Kellymom is also a good resource, and tge CDC

heathercm26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Have you heard the term "virgin gut"? It has to do with the bennifits of breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months. Also these articles will often include evidense based reasearch about longterm bennifits as well. There is so much research there it shouldnt take you long. Good luck!

Does that make more sense?

Quoting aehanrahan:

I have already used the CDC as a reference, so I need somewhere else to get information.

Quoting heathercm26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SchmidtyBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM
One of the best long term Effects of BF is better "attachment" which was for to be critical to child development by Bowlby and Ainsworth. There is lots of info available on the Internet about this so it should be easy to write about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SchmidtyBaby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM
I copied and pasted this from a website : "Attachment theory is based on the belief that the mother-child bond is the essential and primary force in infant development, and thus forms the basis of coping, negotiation of relationships, and personality development.1 If the mother is absent or unavailable, a primary caregiver serves the mother's role. Attachment can be defined in both behavioral and emotional terms. From a behavioral perspective, attachment is represented by a cluster of instinctive child behaviors that serve to create the attachment bond, protect the child from fear and harm, and assist in the safe exploration of the world.2 These behaviors include reaching, clinging, sucking, and locomotion, and all facilitate maximum physical and emotional development.3"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Yes, I have. I know all of the benefits. I was trying to decide on two specific ones to write about. I only have 350 words for this. I can't go on about everything as much as i would love to.

Quoting heathercm26:

Have you heard the term "virgin gut"? It has to do with the bennifits of breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months. Also these articles will often include evidense based reasearch about longterm bennifits as well. There is so much research there it shouldnt take you long. Good luck!

Does that make more sense?

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting heathercm26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)