Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Any tips on NIP?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:52 AM
  • 25 Replies

I was out and about today and having a lot of trouble trying to bf and stay covered up some. I've been hearing about the 2 shirt method .. what is that? We arn't a ... "well off" ... family, so the cheaper the better if it includes new clothing.

Thank you in advance!!!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littleacorn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:55 AM
I always just wore a loose fitting t-shirt and it worked just fine.

The two shirt method involves wearing a tank top under your regular shirt. You pull the top down of the tank and left your regular shirt for boob access.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 6:08 AM
I use the two shirt method. I wear a regular tank under all my shirts. When its time to nurse I pull up my top shirt and boob out of the tank. Babies head covers the nipple while latching. Tank covers my not so beautiful post 3 children belly top shirt covers the top of the breast.
This is the cheapest and easiest method for me.
Practice in front of the mirror at home if your not comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I use the two shirt method as well. I have a good, comfortable sports bra type nursing bra that I bought at Motherhood maternity for about $12. I toss a normal tank top on, then a t-shirt over top of that. Pull Tank to down with nursing bra, pull t-shirt up. Everything is covered nicely. Depending upon where I am, I may still use a light blanket. But that's because my daughter is a wiggly nurser. She likes to latch, eat for a few minutes, then unlatch and look around. (Yeah, she does this in quiet rooms with no distractions as well. She's just a curious girl.)

hooraywesay
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I got nursing tanks at Target for $20. I wear a nursing tank with a shirt over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaniMami317
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

My DD hates being covered up and sweats alot so mmost times she just pulls the blanket off. I usually wear loose shirts so I can pull them up, and it will covers my boob but not baby.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Never did two shirts. One shirt, lift and latch. Never pull anything down, always UP.

flowermama2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I rarely do the 2 shirt method, but I do like wearing tanks, I don't like having to pull my shirt up, too much stuff to deal with, I put a light blanket over her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chcon
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Just do it! :)

You probably barely show anything naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aquafeena
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I usually do the tank under shirt. But I also always use a nursing cover. They don't cost that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Actually, I have my whole breast out when I nurse, this is my first bfing baby, so its really new to me

Quoting chcon:

Just do it! :)

You probably barely show anything naturally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)