Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For those of you not on my FB....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 100 Replies

My 2 year old Asher was attacked last night by my inlaws chow mix.  The dog is known to be aggressive, the dog is usually not allowed in the house when we are there.  My husband asked that the dog be put outside, his father refused and his brother was leaving town this morning to return to Alaska so it was not really possible for us to leave.  Asher tripped over the dogs foot and fell, though NOT on the dog.  The dog jumped up, pinned him to the floor and bit him multiple times. 1-2 times on the cheek and once on his head.  Thank fully the dog had his shots.  Asher is ok, swollen, bruised and 3 looping stitches by a plastic surgeon later he acts as though nothing happened last night.  I however am very shaken.  I saw this happen second by second.  I relive it everytime I close my eyes.  I am crying writing this even though I know he is OK.  In the ER the surgeon waited while he was nursing and said that nursing will help the muscles and nerves reconnect to keep it up.

If I seem off I apologize, I am just not myself right now.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glowing4Caleb
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Oh that is just awful! It makes me want to cry imagining what happened. glad your LO is better.  I am sorry, but I hope your in-laws learned their lesson with the dog and they keep him out while you are around from now on. :(

FLmommy0204
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Wow.  I'm sorry and glad his is alright.  I can't believe they were unwilling to put the dog outside! 

MommyJill87
by Jill on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Holy moly! How scary, I am so sorry. I would be very angry with your inlaws. I'm glad he is ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliasmama1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Wow! Is the dog going to be put down? I'm so glad your son is okay. How scary!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM

My in laws blame my son for this and blame us for not watching our 2 year old closely enough.  Keep in mind this is a TINY house and he was walking rfom the kitchen to me and the dog was in between..barely room to walk around him.

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I am so sorry! That must be terrifying for all of you. I'm glad he's going to be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Poor baby!!! :(

Our dog has jealousy issues. We keep them seperated by gate or closed door. She's also on Prozac to ease her "anxiety" LOL

I even ask my parents to put up their lab when we come over. A dog is a dog- no matter what breed. They faught me on it until he growled at ds. Every animal has its limits and triggers...

:( I'm sorry for your LO!!! Hope the healing comes quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM
4 moms liked this

Animal control was called by the ER. AC said that the animal must be in quarintine for a week to 10 days.  We could waive the pickup and the quar. could be done at home but I know my inlaws would do nothing so I refused to sign the waiver. AC will do an investigation and see if he is considered dangerous. And the decision will be made from there.

Amber5151
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Contact authorities and demand the dog be put down. That is what I would do. Well not really because as soon as the ambulance left my husband would have put the dog down. Don't get me wrong, I love animals and I love my dog but I love my kids more. And having had my face bitten open from a dog bite when I was a child, I refuse to let it happen to mine twice. I hope your little one is ok and something is done about the dog
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN