Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For those of you not on my FB....

Posted by   + Show Post

My 2 year old Asher was attacked last night by my inlaws chow mix.  The dog is known to be aggressive, the dog is usually not allowed in the house when we are there.  My husband asked that the dog be put outside, his father refused and his brother was leaving town this morning to return to Alaska so it was not really possible for us to leave.  Asher tripped over the dogs foot and fell, though NOT on the dog.  The dog jumped up, pinned him to the floor and bit him multiple times. 1-2 times on the cheek and once on his head.  Thank fully the dog had his shots.  Asher is ok, swollen, bruised and 3 looping stitches by a plastic surgeon later he acts as though nothing happened last night.  I however am very shaken.  I saw this happen second by second.  I relive it everytime I close my eyes.  I am crying writing this even though I know he is OK.  In the ER the surgeon waited while he was nursing and said that nursing will help the muscles and nerves reconnect to keep it up.

If I seem off I apologize, I am just not myself right now.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
Amber5151
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Oops didn't see your post! glad AC was called!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG!  They seriously blame you guys and the child?!  Someone needs to smack those people!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My in laws blame my son for this and blame us for not watching our 2 year old closely enough.  Keep in mind this is a TINY house and he was walking rfom the kitchen to me and the dog was in between..barely room to walk around him.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

my hubby was bit by his parents dog as a child too, they again refused to admit their dog was dangerous

Quoting Amber5151:

Contact authorities and demand the dog be put down. That is what I would do. Well not really because as soon as the ambulance left my husband would have put the dog down. Don't get me wrong, I love animals and I love my dog but I love my kids more. And having had my face bitten open from a dog bite when I was a child, I refuse to let it happen to mine twice. I hope your little one is ok and something is done about the dog

masonsmommy107
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM

i my gosh! i know it's scary! what happened with the dog?

Amber5151
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM
:-( they sound like dense people. I'm sorry you have to deal with them

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

my hubby was bit by his parents dog as a child too, they again refused to admit their dog was dangerous

Quoting Amber5151:

Contact authorities and demand the dog be put down. That is what I would do. Well not really because as soon as the ambulance left my husband would have put the dog down. Don't get me wrong, I love animals and I love my dog but I love my kids more. And having had my face bitten open from a dog bite when I was a child, I refuse to let it happen to mine twice. I hope your little one is ok and something is done about the dog

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Omg! I wouldve prob hurt the dog myself. I mean I like dogs but hell no in anyway would I care for something that hurt my baby!

If my in laws blammed my child, they would not be seeing my child again!

I'd like to add I was bit by my dad's full breed boxer @ age 7.. My dad got rid of it the same day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amber5151
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM
My dad got rid of the dog that bit me before we got home from the hospital too.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

Omg! I wouldve prob hurt the dog myself. I mean I like dogs but hell no in anyway would I care for something that hurt my baby!

If my in laws blammed my child, they would not be seeing my child again!

I'd like to add I was bit by my dad's full breed boxer @ age 7.. My dad got rid of it the same day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Omg tabi!
I'm so sorry! I hope you both make a quick recovery. I can only imagine how difficult this must be :(
Will definetly be praying for you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My in laws blame my son for this and blame us for not watching our 2 year old closely enough.  Keep in mind this is a TINY house and he was walking rfom the kitchen to me and the dog was in between..barely room to walk around him.

Then you don't see the inlaws again till their funerals.

And spit on their damned graves.

BAD grandparents.

EDITED TO ADD: Just saw the addition about your husband. BAD PARENTS. They are OFF the visit list, forever. As you quite correctly noted in another thread, your kids don't need them.

Please, if it's not done already, report the animal to animal control. Immediately. Never mind if it will cause trouble in the family... the trouble is ALREADY THERE and things cannot possibly get worse than they are.

tttsmommy
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

im so sorry that happened to your little boy. i wont have any dogs my 10 yro dd was bit by a snozer when she was 1 yrs old got stitches in her arm and my 4 yro dd was bit when she was 2 by a dog we had. she was bit over and under her eye (no eye damage). yall are in my prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)