Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For those of you not on my FB....

Posted by   + Show Post

My 2 year old Asher was attacked last night by my inlaws chow mix.  The dog is known to be aggressive, the dog is usually not allowed in the house when we are there.  My husband asked that the dog be put outside, his father refused and his brother was leaving town this morning to return to Alaska so it was not really possible for us to leave.  Asher tripped over the dogs foot and fell, though NOT on the dog.  The dog jumped up, pinned him to the floor and bit him multiple times. 1-2 times on the cheek and once on his head.  Thank fully the dog had his shots.  Asher is ok, swollen, bruised and 3 looping stitches by a plastic surgeon later he acts as though nothing happened last night.  I however am very shaken.  I saw this happen second by second.  I relive it everytime I close my eyes.  I am crying writing this even though I know he is OK.  In the ER the surgeon waited while he was nursing and said that nursing will help the muscles and nerves reconnect to keep it up.

If I seem off I apologize, I am just not myself right now.


by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
mjimaging
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw something like this but worse when I was a kid. I am so sorry the inlaws don't see the importance of keeping this dog away from kids. I would not return while this dog is in the home. Outside or in, he's unsafe. I hope he heals quickly and doesn't have any lasting effects, whether it be emotional or physical and that you can get the images out of your head. Yay for the bfing encouragement too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyheamma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I am so sorry mama! I know that reliving horrors your children have been through takes a toll. I still end up reliving some of Lily's worst hospital moments a year later.

I'm glad your son is doing alright and hope that he continues to heal quickly.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Thank you! Yeah AC was required to be called by the ER and they picked him up within an hour of us getting to the ER.  They refused to call 911 for us when I thought it was his eye that was bit...they yellwed at my hubby as we walked out the door and the door slammed that there was no reason for that bullshit etc etc.  My SIL whose dog it is says her dog wont be put down but I took that choice out of her hands when I refused to let them do quarentine at home.

Quoting gdiamante:


Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My in laws blame my son for this and blame us for not watching our 2 year old closely enough.  Keep in mind this is a TINY house and he was walking rfom the kitchen to me and the dog was in between..barely room to walk around him.

Then you don't see the inlaws again till their funerals.

And spit on their damned graves.

BAD grandparents.

EDITED TO ADD: Just saw the addition about your husband. BAD PARENTS. They are OFF the visit list, forever. As you quite correctly noted in another thread, your kids don't need them.

Please, if it's not done already, report the animal to animal control. Immediately. Never mind if it will cause trouble in the family... the trouble is ALREADY THERE and things cannot possibly get worse than they are.


clintam
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I'm so sorry! How sad I would never go there again hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

OMG, Tab. That's awful. I'm so sorry and can't possibly imagine what you went through. And I can't believe your in-laws still don't see what the problem was - might just have to stay away for awhile if their more concerned for their dog than their grandson.

ETA: just read more replies - ya, I agree with G. No more inlaws. That's just ridiculous.

faith610
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I'm so so sorry! :( Prayers

comf
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM
How frightening! Glad he is mostly ok. Your inlaws are terrible people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckroch
by Colleen on May. 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be done with inlaws. My brothers dog bit my 5 yr old. He barely broke the skin, and it really probably was DD's fault. She told us she was in his face. He so- my brother offered to put him down- and was so upset I think he came close to doin it himself at the moment. He does not allow any children near his dog at all now. Again- it was likely DD's fault- she showed up what happened and she was in his face, and fell against his face. He is a quite large pitbull- so he could have hurt her badly if he wanted to.

I think my husband would have dragged the dog out and killed it himself if he was your husband. If I were you- I would be done with inlaws and never go to their house again. Ever. And I would have definately told them to go f*** themselves ! (and I don't cuss!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kburtanger5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I would have shot the dog and killed it! I love dogs but I love nothing more than my children! I'm sorry your going through this and I'm glad your DS is OK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Poor baby im sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)