Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: tabi_cat1023

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 20 Replies
4 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, tabi_cat1023, spends most of her time in the Breastfeeding Moms group, as well as a few others.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

I have so many, I think when my oldest was about 6 and I had just punished him for doing something wrong an hour before, he came to me and said sincerely that he was sorry and that he knew better because I had taught him better and that I was the best mommy in the world.  Keep in mind I had lost my temper and felt just awful at this point for yelling at him before.  It made me realize that even if we are not perfect our children think we are (at least when they are young lol).

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

Breastfeeding moms, Natural Birth and Parenting, and Car Seat Safety

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

The amount of knowledge I have gained through other women.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Read, I love to read.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Anything by JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, or LK Hamilton
Movie: The Crow
Song: I knew I love you by savage Garden
Food: Sushi, California rolls
Place to travel to: Italy

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Mayim Bialik, I think we would get along, we have a very similar parenting style and she seems to have a great sense of humor

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

When you know better you should do better

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Busy!

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I always wanted to be a mommy and an art teacher, I am both!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

I don't really want to trade places with anyone because I would miss out on my family, yes I know that sounds corny.

Now answer her question for YOU:

What is the BEST thing about being a mom?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

The best thing about being a mom is no matter how hard the day or how sad the moment is one look at any of my three kiddos and my world is going to be okay. :)

Daynaof3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I LOVE Sherrilyn Kenyon!!!! My copy of Acheron was lost in the fire at my SO's house along with a bunch of the kids toys and most of my movie collection from my old job, the book being gone bothered me most. =(

Best thing about being a mom for me is how it has changed me as a person. I used to be so selfish, judgemental and had a major lack of understanding and patience. Being a mom has changed all of that for me, I am embarassed at how I used to be before I had kids. If I knew my past self now I would give myself a good talking to lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

The best thing about being a mom is the hugs and smiles :-)

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I LOVE The Crow!!!!!!

The best thing to me about being a mom is what my babies grow and develope their own personalities and become independant, although its also bittersweet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Of all days for me to be mom of the day..I really needed this!

Dayna-Asher's name came from the love of the nickname Ash from Acheron and from Asher in LK Hamiltons books lol

Nicholle-I got to meet Brandon Lee while he was filming in Wilmington NC..it was awesome

Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I LOVE LK Hamilton! Got my SO hooked on her too!
And Asher is a major hotty!

Best thing about being a mommy, is having the 2 most precious little boys in the world! And I brought them into this world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on May. 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
The best thing about being a mom is seeing the love and values you've tried to instill in your children reflected back to you.

I'm in several of the same groups as tabi and I heart her! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hearing the words from my LO's Mommy I love you

MommyOfTheBest2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I love the crow and lk Hamilton. Asher was one of my picks if I had had another boy lol. I need to read the latest in that series... Anyway, the best thing about being a mom, for me personally, is always having something to be the best for. I will never cease attempts to make life better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Aww love that Cafemom does this :)
I love what your son said... kids are so sweet and we are lucky to have them!
I guess that is the best thing about being a mom. Helping your children learn and grow. Seeing their accomplishments and discoveries.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)