Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: tabi_cat1023

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, tabi_cat1023, spends most of her time in the Breastfeeding Moms group, as well as a few others.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

I have so many, I think when my oldest was about 6 and I had just punished him for doing something wrong an hour before, he came to me and said sincerely that he was sorry and that he knew better because I had taught him better and that I was the best mommy in the world.  Keep in mind I had lost my temper and felt just awful at this point for yelling at him before.  It made me realize that even if we are not perfect our children think we are (at least when they are young lol).

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

Breastfeeding moms, Natural Birth and Parenting, and Car Seat Safety

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

The amount of knowledge I have gained through other women.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Read, I love to read.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Anything by JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, or LK Hamilton
Movie: The Crow
Song: I knew I love you by savage Garden
Food: Sushi, California rolls
Place to travel to: Italy

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Mayim Bialik, I think we would get along, we have a very similar parenting style and she seems to have a great sense of humor

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

When you know better you should do better

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Busy!

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I always wanted to be a mommy and an art teacher, I am both!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

I don't really want to trade places with anyone because I would miss out on my family, yes I know that sounds corny.

Now answer her question for YOU:

What is the BEST thing about being a mom?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
catholicmamamia
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

The best thing about being a mom.. the unconditional love and bond we share. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

JennPearce
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM
The best thing about being a mom is hearing my kids say " I love you!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewelzs2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

The thought of knowing that you created a life and that they are a product of you. You can raise them to be and live better than you. Seeing them grow everyday. My children were the best things I ever did!

kalejames2010
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Best thing so far with kids is my son, who is 2, coming and waking me up in the moring with a hug and kiss!

CafeMom Tickers
marinemom73
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

The best thing about being a mommy?  So many things come to mind, a couple would be:  Hugs!  I love the hugs from my kids so much.  I love that my teenagers aren't embarassed to hug me!  And watching my kids grow into the wonderful teens they are today.  So helpful and caring and funny.  I can hardly wait to see what my 8 yr old son will be like when he is older but at the same time I want him to stay young forever!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
it is to love care cherish God creation and gifts
didda_40
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Wow where Do you start Being a mum is all I know I was a teenage mum .I am so grateful for my children they have taught me so much .I love how they love you unconditionally like no one else.I also belienve that being a young mum taught me to be uselfish and help me relize i didnt miss out on anything Im a lot older now and my children still come back and live with me sometimes .I still have a teenager at home so Im nearly empty nest lol.People ask me dont you wish you had your kids when you where older so you had  a life.I find this a bit insulting to children because they give us the meaning of life

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 AM
The best thing about being a mommy is looking at my beautiful, smart, kind, and healthy 14 month old (almost) - knowing that I took part in creating such an amazing little girl. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usagismom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Having the privilege of loving such a wonderful little person, learning so much from her, and seeing her grow up into the type of human being that I am proud to call daughter and friend.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hello Tab! So glad that you are apart of this group, and other groups I'm in! Your a wealth of information! :)

Best thing about being a mom is the love I recieve from my kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)