Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

itching

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM
  • 10 Replies
This is the first time that I'm getting dried out nipples and being itchy. I have stuff for the dried areas, but is there a good way to get rid of the itching? Its all around the breast, and its getting irritating because I don't want to itch in front of people. Is there something I can get or do I just deal with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daynaof3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Did you change detergents or dryer sheets recently? Soaps you use in the shower? Can you go a day between showers? I would avoid anything that has alcohol or perfumes. Eucerin is good but it's thick and a bit greasy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Omg I forgot that it happened to me too! I put lanolin on it and I think it helped. I remember putting baby powder between my breasts too
ack86
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM
We've got the same detergent, and I normally only get a chance for a shower every couple days. I did notice that the dried out area is where the top of her mouth always is. The itching gets worse while she's nursing.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Did you change detergents or dryer sheets recently? Soaps you use in the shower? Can you go a day between showers? I would avoid anything that has alcohol or perfumes. Eucerin is good but it's thick and a bit greasy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on May. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Patches on my boobs got SUPER dry the first few months and the only thing that helped was lansinoh. I used it every few hours and within a few days it was gone. If it popped back up, a little lansinoh and it was gone again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM
It could be thrush.

Quoting ack86:

We've got the same detergent, and I normally only get a chance for a shower every couple days. I did notice that the dried out area is where the top of her mouth always is. The itching gets worse while she's nursing.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM
If it's the nipple I would suspect thrush, if it's the entire breast I would look carefully at the products you use and foods you eat and try a good lotion.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

It could be thrush.

Quoting ack86:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I hope not.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

It could be thrush.

Quoting ack86:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM
It is more itchy closer to the nipple, but the entire breast gets itchy. I'm going to have DH pick up a good lotion for me on his way home.

Quoting Daynaof3:

If it's the nipple I would suspect thrush, if it's the entire breast I would look carefully at the products you use and foods you eat and try a good lotion.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

It could be thrush.

Quoting ack86:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I has got a yeast infection on my breast because he had thrush and I was taking an antibiotic.for your sake I hope its not mine itched and hurt and were pink.

Quoting ack86:

I hope not.

Quoting Mrs.wilcox01:

It could be thrush.

Quoting ack86:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Do you avoid soap on your nipples?If so only rinse with water on the nipples never rub in soap it will cause nipples to dry,crack and itch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)