Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I going to do? Help!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 8 month old is a boobi monster! He rarely takes a bottle (a few ounces occasionnaly given by me. Twice it was formula). He is VERY attached to me especially at night and he is ALWAYS with me. We bed share and recently came to the conclusion that I will not sleep trained him or stop nursing him at night before he's at least 12 month.
Here's the "problem": my best friend is getting married and in June I have her shower then the wedding at the end of July (no children allowed and we all sleep at the hotel by the reception). My poor baby :( I can't even think about leaving him for all those hours especially at night when I know he'll cried for his boobie :( I think for the wedding I will have to go get him at some point. But for the shower and wedding day idk what to do. I have NEVER let him cry more than a minute.
Anyone has been in a situation like this before? What did you do? How was your baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I would either not go, or bring someone with to stay at the hotel with him while you did the wedding activities so that you can nurse him when you need and at night.

I got married when my first was 16 mo... he slept with us on our wedding night and nursed frequently the day of, etc...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
soulofsunmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM
This.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I would either not go, or bring someone with to stay at the hotel with him while you did the wedding activities so that you can nurse him when you need and at night.

I got married when my first was 16 mo... he slept with us on our wedding night and nursed frequently the day of, etc...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Here is what I did, my DH's cousin did not allow kids, so I said no when my kids were ytounger. They would not tae a bottle, they would cry whenever I left them, and I didnt want them to suffer and I could not have a good time worrying about them so it was not worth it. I personally don't understand wedding without children. imo it should be a family celebration. Anyways, what you can do is just go to the ceremony and thats it, or keep on going back to nurse, whatever you feel comfortable with.

lilou
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I HAVE to go. She has been my BFF since we are 3 years old! I thought about bringing someone but the hotel is far from my family. What about the shower?

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is it so un baby friendly? Surely they can make an exception, I mean its your best friend....what do they really expect?
I agree its a bummer to make a wedding a non family event!
Your baby is not allowed at the shower either?
Sheesh, i'd put my foot down before leaving my baby
Quoting lilou:

I HAVE to go. She has been my BFF since we are 3 years old! I thought about bringing someone but the hotel is far from my family. What about the shower?

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livewell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM

You may find that having a few nights away before hand where you stay out late but come home as soon as he wakes up! That way it won't be so traumatic for either of you :) You will see that he can sleep without you, and he'll see that you always come home! :) HAVE FUN!

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Is the shower something you will be gone overnight for?   Sorry, I have no idea where any of this is taking place in relation to where you live.   I assume you're throwing the shower, so will be quite busy... so if it's an overnight thing, bring someone to stay with baby.   If it's something you can return home for, he'll survive for a few hours without you. 

The hotel doesn't have to be close to anything, you just need someone willing tocome along, care for him, and stay there with you.

When DS1 was about 20 mo, DH's work had a holiday party about 2 hours from here.   They booked rooms for everyone and everything.   So, we booked a second room, had my parents come along and they stayed with him while we were at the party and we picked him up afterward and went to our own room.  

Quoting lilou:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
lilou
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I know I don't get it either BUT they have 4 kids that would be at the wedding. She wants parents to enjoy the evening not having to take care of their kids. Anyways. I will bring my baby for the first part of the shower and at night when we go out well that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Why is it so un baby friendly? Surely they can make an exception, I mean its your best friend....what do they really expect?
I agree its a bummer to make a wedding a non family event!
Your baby is not allowed at the shower either?
Sheesh, i'd put my foot down before leaving my baby
Quoting lilou:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Our babies are the same age and I'm going to be in a wedding in Sept! I was worried about the same thing. I would definitely bring someone you trust to watch baby in your hotel room and slip away to nurse as needed. (I'm doing the same thing)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilou
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
No the shower isn't overnight thank goodness. I guess finding another hotel room nearby for my in laws could be a solution. But having my mil there is NOT my first choice. Aww it's so complicated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)