Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

NO Period/ menstral cycle- 3mons 1 wk postpartum & EBF

Posted by   + Show Post

i had my daughter back in Jan. she is 3 mons 1 wk old. i had a c-sec w her. had normal bleed after her delivery.. then following had some bleeding  then some spotting.. normal after birth .. but march & april no spotting or bleeding just some cramping for a couple days.. still no period now.. so i call my dr today they said can be normal but if i'm concerned to take a preg test.. my husband and i have had sex a couple times using a condom & some using nothing but he pulled out before ..

& with my son & my baby girl only reason i knew i was preg was missed period, sore boobs, and tired.. well rt now I am EBF my daughter so hard to say if sore boobs, plus daughter is starting to teeth so some days my nipples r more sore then others but we work thru that..  tired yes but have two kids & house to take care of.. should i take a preg test or just wait see when my period comes back?

Also when do EBF babies start to have more reg BM? my daughter still has loose BM? yellowish brown or amber kind color..

NEH57~ Mommy to:Chaz  ~Wife to:Paul ~

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (21-28):
Mommy2BJ
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM

with DS1 I had my first period @ 26 months pp. That was after I took some herbs to bring my cycle back.

With DS2 it is 8,5 months and she still has not returned. I hope she will stay away for at least a few years.

Of course the midwife I saw as a medical practitioner said to my DH that BF'ing is not trustworthy as contraception... I wish she had just kept her mouth shut about that. He is ultra nervous about having children. There are 4 years between our two, and that is quite a bit! Especially considering our ages.

Lilypie - (Sskr)

Lilypie - (Uloy)

Lilypie - (2dY4)

RunninMa
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

My daughter is 5 months, we EBF and I haven't had a period yet. If I were worried about pregnancy again, I would just take a test. It's piece of mind of nothing else :)

My daughter poos about once a day and it's still liquid yellow or green, like a newborn.

monkeybunns
by Ashley on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I got my first PP AF at 10.5 months after DS1 and just days under a year with DS2.  As for the BM that's TOTALLY normal-that means baby is getting enough and that kind is fine.  When you start solids it will go to more of a peanut butter consistency and later to formed (and if baby is laying down or sitting down formed around their bum-sorry TMI).

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I had my first pp af this month and ds is 20 months! Totally normal not to have a cycle while bf!
I'd get some dollar tree tests and take one every month if you are worried. And, if you don't want another right now, there is birth control that is safe to take while breastfeeding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paetonsmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I have the same thing. My daughter is 3 months and a week old and I still haven't had a period. I wouldn't worry about it bc my doctor said the same that it's normal when your breastfeeding. Definitely freaked put my husband though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
ds just turned 10 months today and still no period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I brown type spotted once or twice. Nothing to call a PERIOD. But I did get the real think when my Son turned 10m. I BF him also. No bottle or paci.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azaleas.mommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1st off you should be having protected always unless u wanna get pregnant, you can get pregnant off of pre-ejaculate. 2nd take a test and stop stressing, 3rd for some women they will never have their period when breastfeeding. Also the baby's poop will change when u start other foods, until then enjoy the poop,its what tells your body what the baby needs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)