Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

cosleeping nursing moms - HELP!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
My six month old is working on new skills while sleeping... kicking, punching and crawling up and down my side... ALL NIGHT the last two nights. I love co-sleeping, and don't think he is quite ready for his own bed, but he's killing me! I am getting less sleep than when he was a newborn!

Is this a phase? How long does it typically last? Does it get worse? Does it get better?

HELP!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyakabooby
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM
It comes and goes, you'll get used to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM
That's how we are. My son is almost a year. But I've just been getting used to it and I'm starting to sleep through it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJ_Parks
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I am interested to know also. Mine is 11 months old and we are still having problems. It seemed like it got better at 8 months until he learned how to stand. Now that is what we do all night long. Ugh. No sleep for us either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Kick and punch him back.

Just kidding.

Sounds to me like he IS ready for his own bed. Give it a whirl, see what happens.

MommyJill87
by Jill on May. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
This hasn't happened to us. When my daughter turned 6 months (1m ago) I began putting her in her packnplay in the beginning of the night, then bring her to bed when she wakes up. Maybe you could start there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I've been thinking about trying.

The reason why I don't want to yet is he is still EBF (we will introduce his first food to him in three weeks when we go to visit my MIL so she can witness a "first" with him). He still nurses multiple times a night (like 10 times last night, but this is not normal - more like 3-4 times normally). I am not ready to night wean at six months.

Quoting LKRA:

Kick and punch him back.

Just kidding.

Sounds to me like he IS ready for his own bed. Give it a whirl, see what happens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iskkra
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM
My DS did/does this too... He's 15 months and still nurses all night. Along with kicking, spinning, crawling around, pinching, etc... PP is right, you just kind of get used to it. But it is definitely hard to get used to. I never got less sleep than when we began dealing with this issue. He never wants to sleep in his own bed after a certain point in the night, and will stay latched all night for the most part now, but around 6-8 months I remember it was getting pretty bad, and I spent many nights with little or no sleep. You do have to make sure the baby can't get OFF the bed (easier said than done) and that the bed is close to the ground in case of falls. I only let DS sleep between me and DH, that way he has to crawl over one of us, thus waking us up, to get down. But I'm surprised he never fell, honestly. It's a big fear of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM

OMG, no! lol When my daughter weaned at age 3, night nursing was the last to go.

If he stays in your bed, you get no sleep because he's kicking the crap out of you.

If you move him to his own bed, you get no sleep because you're up every 2 hours to nurse.

What's the middle ground? Sidecar his crib? That could be your solution.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I've been thinking about trying.

The reason why I don't want to yet is he is still EBF (we will introduce his first food to him in three weeks when we go to visit my MIL so she can witness a "first" with him). He still nurses multiple times a night (like 10 times last night, but this is not normal - more like 3-4 times normally). I am not ready to night wean at six months.

Quoting LKRA:

Kick and punch him back.

Just kidding.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I'm going to suggest you rehearse that "first" before visiting your MIL... just to be sure baby doesn't pull a Linda Blair and projectile vomit everything! **grin**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)