Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Am I Insane?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 32 Replies

Think of relactating. DD is nearly 6 months. I thought my milk had completely and utterly dried up 4 days ago, but AF turned up today and so did a bit of milk (wtf?). So I took a domperidone (spur of the moment since I only have 3 left now) and will take some fenugreek tomorrow.

Am I insane for relactating? I know the likely hood of DD latching is slim to none (tried it 2 days ago she bit at it, giggled and looked at me like 'wtf mum'). so I'd probably end of expressing.

Everytime I bring it up with family they just say 'no point now, formula is easier'.

Ugh what should I do?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Yes. Oh, wait. There's more! :p

No, why shouldn't you if you want to? Boo to other people in your "bidnez"... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Amberleigh81:

No, why shouldn't you if you want to? Boo to other people in your "bidnez"... :)

I know, it's just I spoke to a friend of mine who gave up bfing and her little boy is 7 months, and I asked her if she would relactate for him and her comment was 'oh new, eww, at his age it'd feel sexual' like huh?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Theres always a point even a few drops a day is awesome and beneficial

JadedFaerie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Don't get me wrong, I know all about the benefits, but if it's just going to be expressed is it worth it? The fact of not actually breastfeeding is sinking me into a depressed pit (stupid I know) and though giving her expressed milk helps me feel better and is awesome for her, by this point it's purpose would be defeated?

eckielady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I would for sure. It sounds like you want too since your first instinct was to take something to help produce more but you're letting other people's voices get into your head. Will you regret it if you don't? That's always my first question. 

Lol on the "wtf mom?". I tried to dangle feed dd one time because I had a very painful clogged duct. She looked at me like I was crazy and was so busy smiling/giggling at mom's new "Game" that she wouldn't feed. Little turkey!! HA!!

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow... o_O

I am planning on BFing until 2 and beyond until DS weans... not sexual AT ALL! It's called mothering!

You do what works for you... the woman in the mirror is who counts. And, of course, your little precious one.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I know, it's just I spoke to a friend of mine who gave up bfing and her little boy is 7 months, and I asked her if she would relactate for him and her comment was 'oh new, eww, at his age it'd feel sexual' like huh?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eckielady
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

You never know, she may take to breastfeeding but you'll always wonder if you don't try.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Don't get me wrong, I know all about the benefits, but if it's just going to be expressed is it worth it? The fact of not actually breastfeeding is sinking me into a depressed pit (stupid I know) and though giving her expressed milk helps me feel better and is awesome for her, by this point it's purpose would be defeated?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
JadedFaerie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My goal was 2yrs min, 5 years max. But stupid doctors ruined that.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Oh wow... o_O

I am planning on BFing until 2 and beyond until DS weans... not sexual AT ALL! It's called mothering!

You do what works for you... the woman in the mirror is who counts. And, of course, your little precious one.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting Amberleigh81:

JadedFaerie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM

She was good at it, we had trouble in the very beginning with latch, and other problems ensued after that but we persevered until the doctors cut us down. Within 3 weeks of bottles she'd refused to latch even with a SNS and I think I cried for a week straight.

Quoting eckielady:

You never know, she may take to breastfeeding but you'll always wonder if you don't try.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

justone_jen
by Jen on May. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You should do what you want to do, which sounds like trying again. :) Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)