Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
PLEASE no bashing and/or being self righteous. I need help not criticism.
Does anyone have ADD/ADHD and or anxiety? What medicines do you take and/natural supplements. I have severe ADD like where I forget everything even how old I am and I CONSTANTLY procrastinate. I am about to set up an appointment with my family Dr but before I do I wanna know all the facts. What medicines/supplements are safe, moderately safe, and unsafe? Thank you for the help and for not bashing me :)

*edit
I was on 30mg adderall twice a day pre pregnancy. And then stopped when I was pregnant. My son is 2 months today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Replies (11-11):
danielsmom764
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

i was recently dx with moderate to severe adhd. haven't yet met with the psychiatrist for meds, just the psychologist for therapy, but he feels that i'll do very well with a combo of therapy, meds, and lifestyle changes...that clearly i have not been living up to my potential due these other issues i've struggled with all these years, and that i can have a much better life when i address multiple issues, including, very importantly, the adhd.

anyway, was also very concerned about taking medication during bfing  - concern about possible effect on child and also if it would affect lactation. relieved to see they are considered safe when taken in clinical dosage.

kind of surprised they don't affect lactation since they work to increase dopamine and, from what i remember, dopamine inhibits prolactin? or maybe that's not a factor as long as lactation is already established?

anyway, thank you for the info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN