Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food!?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, I feel like a new mother all over again. There is almost 5 years between DD and DS.

He is 3 months, now. When did or will you all introduce something other than BM? I don't remember when or what DD first had.

He looks so longingly at us when we eat and it makes me sad! :( And what is the best thing to give him when introducing something other than boob?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SLOmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I'm waiting until 6 months since I hear it's best (also my 1st ended up with many food sensitivities bc my mother was giving her things at 3.5 months) but I know how you feel, he looks at me with almost hurt in his eyes bc I'm not sharing :-(
I try not to let him see me anymore LOL
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Not till after 6 months (currently just over 3 months), probably closer to 8 months. Will also be doing baby led solids, i suggest looking into that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM
I just gave my son a spoon and bowl to play with while we ate. Baby led solids at 6 m
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

My DD started solids just before 6 months when she tore a chunk off Daddy's ham sandwich and stuffed it in her mouth! We started just at supper when she could sit well in her high chair giving her a few cut-up pieces of whatever we were having, and she liked meat the best (still does)!  Protein and veggies are best--cereal is just about worthless, and spoon-feeding is not necessary--you don't really have to teach them to eat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)