Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

EBF

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this
For 10 months today i cant beveile DS is 10 months today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

WTG momma!

livewell
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

That is AWESOME! Are you planning to start to introduce pre-chewed food soon? I wanted to go a whole year EFB but DS had different ideas LOL He started demanding food off papa's plate at about 11 months.

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Thank u and no i wont give him pre-chewed food ill just give him good off my plate. I dont see him weaning he loves his mamas milk to much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BJ
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Congratulations!

I wish I could have ebf my Baby that long- we are close to doing that anyway, as I try to give him some cereal mixed with mm (also for the iron)- which his older brother seemed to have a worse problem with than he does. Then he decides he's done & wants to nurse! I am not a fan of Gerber- especially the vegetables, as they make it sooo thin (to cater to babies whose mothers insist on feeding that to a 4 month old already). It comes right out of his mouth- or he spits it out. I have been offering a spot of table food also. But he still isn't that interested. Other than that, a few bits/bites of vegetables (mashed/grated/ground up- also with mm). He only eats so much (about 1,5 oz mm mixed w/cereal). Sometimes he seems interested, but then he does the same thing with anything that is in my hands or that I am doing that is taking my full attention away from him. I would not have been as keen (still am not "keen" to "feed" him table food) but we have had a problem with his weight since he was 4-5 weeks old & the ped. has been trying to get me to "feed" him (as if I was starving him by nursing him). He was born @ 6 lbs 6 oz, but due to having a problem with his frenulum, he had a tube in his nose- which was a terrible 4 weeks or so for us- and another 4-5 weeks of proving to the drs that we can keep his weight up.   

Lilypie - (Sskr)

Lilypie - (Uloy)

Lilypie - (2dY4)

Gruntlings
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Whoooo! Congrats! :)

livewell
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I learned something interesting about IRON and WHY Mother Nature may have purposefully created a "deficiency" in iron from the age 6 months on - apparently, MANY harmful bacteria NEED iron to survive in the body...so just when baby is starting to put EVERYTHING in their mouth, their body becomes LESS HOSPITABLE to the bacteria they are now becoming more exposed to...

Neat-o, eh?:)

Quoting Mommy2BJ:

Congratulations!

I wish I could have ebf my Baby that long- we are close to doing that anyway, as I try to give him some cereal mixed with mm (also for the iron)- which his older brother seemed to have a worse problem with than he does. Then he decides he's done & wants to nurse! I am not a fan of Gerber- especially the vegetables, as they make it sooo thin (to cater to babies whose mothers insist on feeding that to a 4 month old already). It comes right out of his mouth- or he spits it out. I have been offering a spot of table food also. But he still isn't that interested. Other than that, a few bits/bites of vegetables (mashed/grated/ground up- also with mm). He only eats so much (about 1,5 oz mm mixed w/cereal). Sometimes he seems interested, but then he does the same thing with anything that is in one's hands or that I am doing that is taking my full attention away from him. I would not have been as keen (still am not "keen" to "feed" him table food) but we have had a problem with his weight since he was 4-5 weeks old & the ped. has been trying to get me to "feed" him (as if I was starving him by nursing him). He was born @ 6 lbs 6 oz, but due to having a problem with his frenulum, he had a tube in his nose- which was a terrible 4 weeks or so for us- and another 4-5 weeks of proving to the drs that we can keep his weight up.   

Lilypie - (Sskr)

Lilypie - (Uloy)

Mommy2BJ
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Quote:

I learned something interesting about IRON and WHY Mother Nature may have purposefully created a "deficiency" in iron from the age 6 months on - apparently, MANY harmful bacteria NEED iron to survive in the body...so just when baby is starting to put EVERYTHING in their mouth, their body becomes LESS HOSPITABLE to the bacteria they are now becoming more exposed to...

Neat-o, eh?:) 

Interesting... thank you for sharing this!

Lilypie - (Uloy)

Lilypie - (2dY4)

katieabril
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Congrats ive done that for 5 months also with 4 teeth already :-D i dont know about starting bf Yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM

DS has 4 teeth as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)