Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch !

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi all..  well, i've been nursing dd a ton since this whole weight issue.  Anyway, she is moving around a ton and is pulling away with my nipple in her mouth!  She has always scratched me while she's nursing and grabs my skin but i think my left nipple might have a little break in the skin from her pulling away..on the top.  Both are sore from her doing this but i just wondered what i could do, so it doesn't get worse?  I just expressed a little milk and let it air dry on that area.  I do have some of the lanolin.. i'm guessing that would be good to use?  I swear it seems as she's trying to do flips and everything while she's nursing !   I'll take any suggestions :)

Thanks !

by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nursing necklace to keep her occupied... anything chunky will do fine. Nursing MANNERS to stop the behavior... you stop the feed when she does this. A baby who's behavong this way isn't havong a 
not getting enough" problem by any means... when they don't get enough they don't have the energy to do this.

Three strikes. First incident, remove, tell her no, resume. Repeat on second. Third incident, put her down, walk away for a couple of minutes, resume. Repeat the three strikes till she gets the cause and effect message "I do this I don't eat." 

momofava2012
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gdiamante:

Nursing necklace to keep her occupied... anything chunky will do fine. Nursing MANNERS to stop the behavior... you stop the feed when she does this. A baby who's behavong this way isn't havong a 
not getting enough" problem by any means... when they don't get enough they don't have the energy to do this.

Three strikes. First incident, remove, tell her no, resume. Repeat on second. Third incident, put her down, walk away for a couple of minutes, resume. Repeat the three strikes till she gets the cause and effect message "I do this I don't eat." 

Thanks... i will try that !

livewell
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hold on tight? Maybe get a sling so she can't move around so much?

I don't know, mama, but good luck!

Kassi12
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty normal. How old is your LO? What I started to do when my LO started doing that is I unlatched him gently and said 'Oh, ok! its time to play!' Then I would get down and play on his level. It took a 'few' times but he got the point. I did the same thing for biting, just took him off and said 'All done for now!'

My Monkey was born on 9-22-10

toddler boy*Kaiden Anthony*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)