Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help! I'm freaking out :(

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ive been EBF my baby he's almost 6 months. I went to the bathroom just now and wiped and there was clear discharge with a hint of pink!!!

Last time I had this I was pregnant :(

Is this nothing, my period coming, or pregnancy?

I jut always heard that its unlikely to have a period while breastfeeding. Also we have used protection every single time!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiralyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Probably nothing. I got my period back at 5 months, and it's been wonky since. My son is 13 months and I've had probably 4 "periods" but they are very light. I wouldn't worry, or just take a test to ease your mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I've had one period since March 2007, three babies, and am on month 36 of nursing.  However, I've also randomly spotted many times while nursing babies six month or older.  It's your body trying to get back into it's ovulation rhythm. 

Lactation tends to supress ovulation during the first six months of baby's life, particularly if baby is nursing frequently between midnight and 6 am.  My first two babies nursed every 2 hours around the clock.  My current nursling only nurses once, in general, between midnight and 6 am.  I am SO screwed this time around, LOL.  If you're worried, get a test just to set your mind at ease.  And if you're concerned, this is the time to look at a second form of birth control.  :-)  I like diaphragms for low maintanence, reliable, non hormonal birth control.

Keeely07
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Thanks! That makes sense. I was thinking about getting the diaphragm but we don't want kids anymore so I might jut get my tubes tied asap!

I hope it's just spotting :( ah!!

Quoting eema.gray:

I've had one period since March 2007, three babies, and am on month 36 of nursing.  However, I've also randomly spotted many times while nursing babies six month or older.  It's your body trying to get back into it's ovulation rhythm. 

Lactation tends to supress ovulation during the first six months of baby's life, particularly if baby is nursing frequently between midnight and 6 am.  My first two babies nursed every 2 hours around the clock.  My current nursling only nurses once, in general, between midnight and 6 am.  I am SO screwed this time around, LOL.  If you're worried, get a test just to set your mind at ease.  And if you're concerned, this is the time to look at a second form of birth control.  :-)  I like diaphragms for low maintanence, reliable, non hormonal birth control.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

It is probably your period. It is NOT uncommon to have a period while breastfeeding. Breastfeeding surpresses ovulation, but not 100%. the average time for an EBF mom to get it back is between 3-22 months. so the range of normal is HUGE, and you are right in there!

zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

i got mine back after one month so could be anything...why don't you take a test to be sure?

Keeely07
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Probably Bc I don't see how I could be haha we use protection..I know it's not 100% reliable but still! Lol

I'm just gonna wait it out

Quoting zannahdeux:

i got mine back after one month so could be anything...why don't you take a test to be sure?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keeely07
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn132
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I got mine back at seven months!
mama2gg
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

the only way to know is to take a test

cpflum08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I got mine back both times at 6months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)