Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Have to hold it, weird question

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 14 Replies
This is weird to post but I'm curious if I'm the only one. I have to hold my breast in a certain position or it will fall out of the babies mouth and break his latch. I'd love to be able to nurse in a carrier but there's no way that would work. And it would be nice to have more than one hand free while he's laying on the boppy. My breasts aren't exactly perky and the nipples kind of face downward, is that why? Sometimes in the side-lying position I can let go but that's not always practical and kind of defeats the purpose, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on May. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Have you tried a rolled wash cloth under your breast to hold it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dietsunkist
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Idk if it's like that for most women but I have this issue too! I know in my case it's because my nipples face more down .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambertink
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I know what you mean. I've had four kids and they are beyound deflated and saggy. Lol aww the joys of motherhood (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Hire a lactation consultant or join your local chapter of La Leche League for hands on help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I have been having the same problem. One nipple points straight forward and the other points up, lol. Am I weird?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Mine do this. I learned five years ago with my first to position baby more under the breast than next to it. I'm a 34e, I'm large and this doesn't suffocate them either. I position them a little more under, tilting thier head back just a tad so their nose is not covered. Early on while they don't have any neck strength, I have to position them with the boppy, but later after they are stronger, I can do it in a wrap and other things and without the pillow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moogie1005
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I hold his head the entire time he's nursing. He's only 4 days old though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamieLyn822
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Yes I try to prop it up with a burp cloth sometimes. Sometimes that does work for a little while if I get it in just the right spot.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Have you tried a rolled wash cloth under your breast to hold it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Same here because of the size of my boobs - it gets easier when they get bigger because they will move to accomodate it.

shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Rolled up wash cloth does wonders!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN