Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

He freaks out!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

For the past week or so, when I try to feed my 4 month old, he freaks out! He'll be fine until I try to get him into eating position, but as soon as I get him cradled, he starts crying so hard that he won't even latch. I have to turn the vacuum cleaner on just to get him calm enough to eat. I've been trying to read his hunger cues early to keep him from getting so upset, but it doesn't seem to matter, so I don't think it's because I'm waiting too long. I dunno!

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doomshroom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

BUMP!

doomshroom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

BUMP!

Duquesne
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Patience is a virtue.

I've never had that issue. Hope you figure it out.

Quoting doomshroom:

BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyonce in a while my little girl gets fussy in cradle position . I just switch to side laying position and then she's good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

DDs been doing that lately. Most of the time it's cuz she wants the other boob or she just wants to eat in a diffrent position lol

shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
DS did that about that time when teething first started. I think laying down is supposed to be more painful for their little mouths at that time. Doing things for teething pain right before I fed him helped. Massage gums, baby orajel or Tylenol, let him chew on a wet wash cloth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doomshroom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

thanks. at his 4 month check, his doctor said she didn't see any evidence of teething, but i've been noticing the signs for a couple weeks. i will try the teething remedies.

Quoting shelley11709:

DS did that about that time when teething first started. I think laying down is supposed to be more painful for their little mouths at that time. Doing things for teething pain right before I fed him helped. Massage gums, baby orajel or Tylenol, let him chew on a wet wash cloth.

doomshroom
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

the boob switch has helped a couple times, but only a couple. i guess i'll have to toy around with finding another position that's comfy. thanks :)

Quoting Mel0dy:

DDs been doing that lately. Most of the time it's cuz she wants the other boob or she just wants to eat in a diffrent position lol

ty355172
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Might be teething ....or ear infection...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
They can start the teething process months before teeth are ready to come through.

Quoting doomshroom:

thanks. at his 4 month check, his doctor said she didn't see any evidence of teething, but i've been noticing the signs for a couple weeks. i will try the teething remedies.

Quoting shelley11709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN