Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my pathetic 1 glass... :(

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

i LOVE breastfeeding!!  i really do.  ...and i am glad that i can once in a while have a glass of wine and some beer everynow and then.  but after that 1 sad glass of wine is gone i get bummed that i cant keep going.  hahaha

guess i miss the good ol' days, but wouldnt trade these ones for all the money in the world!     :) 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

What I do is to cut my wine with a mixer... like, sparkling lemonade with white wine,  then I can have 2-3 glasses.    Also, when having beer at a party, or something, I will bring non alcoholic and have my 1 real beer and then switch to the NA for social drinking purposes.   I find I really like the act of drinking socially more than the actual alcohol!  (this when I'm actually nursing an infant!  Preggers right now  :)

Remember that you wouldn't want to actually get drunk while with baby no matter how he is fed.   You can always go out and have a few drinks while he's with a sitter.  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

good idea on the non-alcoholic (although not as fun, lol).  no i wouldnt get drunk while caring for him, i just miss the "good buzz"  lol.

congrats on your little bun in the oven!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

What I do is to cut my wine with a mixer... like, sparkling lemonade with white wine,  then I can have 2-3 glasses.    Also, when having beer at a party, or something, I will bring non alcoholic and have my 1 real beer and then switch to the NA for social drinking purposes.   I find I really like the act of drinking socially more than the actual alcohol!  (this when I'm actually nursing an infant!  Preggers right now  :)

Remember that you wouldn't want to actually get drunk while with baby no matter how he is fed.   You can always go out and have a few drinks while he's with a sitter.  :)

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
bump

Audreysmama515
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah just had a glass of wine myself, I love my wine!!  Anyways I am with ya, used to be I was good for 3 - 4 glasses, oh well I will have those times again, it's not worth not breastfeeding for sure.

MonicaV1982
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Honestly, I've never understood why people get buzzed or drunk on purpose.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess i have spent a good 10-15 yrs of drinking to get buzzed and drunk and i enjoyed it.  its fun to get drunk.  but it is MUCH more fun to play with my DS and make him laugh!!  :)

i have to admit...  i was one of thos "college party gals", then i was a "bar fly".  those days have been long gone, lol.  the past cpl yrs, before i had DS i was a "relax with a cpl glasses of wine".   now i am a "happy mommy".  i love BF and i LOVE being a mommy!  :)     

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Honestly, I've never understood why people get buzzed or drunk on purpose.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

i was actually able to have a cpl glasses,  i just had to pace myself correctly.  not the same as it used to be!

i had a glass about an hr before i had to feed DS.  then i folded some laundry, and drank some water.  i fed him, then i had another 1/2 glass.  i am blessed to have a baby who eats every 4 hrs so i was able to have one more glass and a SLIGHT buzz for about a half hr before sobering up to feed him  (these not even full 3 glasses were with food and lots of water and between the hrs of 7-12).  honestly that kind of sobering is not bad at all, i actually looked fwd to it!  having such a great reason to sober up makes it easy.  bc we all know it is not easy to find a good reason to sober up, lol.   

Quoting Audreysmama515:

Yeah just had a glass of wine myself, I love my wine!!  Anyways I am with ya, used to be I was good for 3 - 4 glasses, oh well I will have those times again, it's not worth not breastfeeding for sure.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

oh and i will say that all this wine and water drinking made me have to pee A LOT!!!  pretty annoying, haha

Quoting Audreysmama515:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Honey, welcome to real life. **smile**

I too have never understood drinking to get drunk. I was the one who used to take the blackmail photos. The kind you never want on Facebook. Good thing there was no Facebook then!

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

ha ha ha!!

i said that to my roomate from college the other day!!!!  Thank God there was no Facebook when we were in college!!!   i had a hard enough time getting into the bars with a fake ID nevermind all the dirty laundry on FB!!  :)

I hope by the time DS gets to be 18 there is no FB!  doubt he could be so lucky.  :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Honey, welcome to real life. **smile**

I too have never understood drinking to get drunk. I was the one who used to take the blackmail photos. The kind you never want on Facebook. Good thing there was no Facebook then!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)