Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Losing milk with weight watchers

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ok so I have been on weight watchers for 3 weeks now and just recently noticed about an ounce to two ounces less milk a day! I work full time and pump... That's how I know what my normal output is... I always get 12 ounces until now... Baby is 7 months and not eating solids consistently yet.. Any advice? Or had the same experience? By the way I have already lost 9 lbs!! Yeah;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Up your calories a little, maybe add oatmeal to your diet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Pump output normally declines over time. Make sure your water intake is good but seriously? I had the same thing happen and I did NOT do any weight loss program.

I wouldn't be too worried. You may need to add a pump session at home; that's what I did.

Daynaof3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I would be thinking return of your period. Congrats on your 9 lb loss! I wouldn't worry, leave what you get and if you want you can offer a small amount of solids while you are away but they are not a must. Baby gets unlimited access to the breast while you are home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Pump response drops over time, that's normal around 3 months & 6 months weather you go to an all you can eat buffet and gorge 3 times a day, or live off of a salad and an apple only .
I kept my calories tightly controlled during pregnancy and got back to it when baby was 2 weeks old each time. I also resumed exercising then. My supply was always ridiculous (think 15+ ounces a day pumping only twice for 9-10 hours of separation ) but dropped off after 6 months and then I could "only" pump 10ish ounces a day. My diet didn't change a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM

You could try increasing calories to see if that helps. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM

An extra pumping session or two might also help.. :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

MumB
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Ok these are all great ideas and make me feel better for sure;) I'll try all of the above to see what will help best! The oatmeal has worked for me so far... And I thought about adding the pumping session at home... So I'll start with those;) thx again all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Do you use your weekly pts or stick strictly to the daily pts? How much do you exercise?
For me If I don't use weekly pts my supply dips a bit.
Pump output does decrease over time. How is baby doing when you nurse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM
bump

MumB
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I try not to use my weekly points ... Maybe I should? I walk every night and do sit ups so just light exercise;) baby nurses great but acts so hungry and unlatches himself;( so I just give him jar food to satisfy him... He won't take formula... Well haven't tried in a long time but don't think he will... What do u think shelly? Thx for you all taking the time to help me out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)