Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sounds silly when you compare it to this...

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:52 AM
  • 7 Replies
3 moms liked this
I don't feel comfortable having a period, it's gross, it's weird, it's just not for me. I don't think I will have a period, no thanks.
Our bodies do this because it's meant to, they just do it and it's not seen as weird(though it is kinda gross lol) and no one says ew, you have a period!!
Well, someone at work actually said to me "ew, you did that!" talking about breastfeeding, lol. Yes I did that, my body was made to and thankfully so. It's something all womens bodies prepare for and do(in some degree) even if mom does not breastfeed. If a women does not have a period it's because she is either pregnant, breastfeeding or something in her body is not functioning as it should and thus there are consequences throughout her whole body because of it. It makes me sad when people don't see breastfeeding as something you just do and why wouldn't you, kwim? It makes little sense when you look at this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TheBabyFactory4
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:54 AM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Nice analogy. I am hoping this breastfeeding gig will keep aunt flow away just a bit longer. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Such a wonderful bonus to breastfeeding! And you reminded me that that is another reason a mom would naturally not have a period and I added it to the post. =)

Quoting fahmom:

Nice analogy. I am hoping this breastfeeding gig will keep aunt flow away just a bit longer. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:18 AM

its def a natural function- otherwise why would milk automatically come in after having a baby?! like you said, its not like when i was 13 i said ok well i think ill menstuate now! it happens because our bodies are natually designed to do so :)

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 5, 2012 at 4:10 AM
That is a great way to put it! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Lol I agree! Love it =)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting JoyfulMommy1221:

Lol I agree! Love it =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)