Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How To Love Your Postpartum Body

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

How to Love Your Postpartum Body (VIDEO)

Posted by Amy Kuras

One thing they don't tell you when you're having a baby? Motherhood does change your life, and it also changes your body. Forever.

And the best way to cope with that? Toss out your scale. Obsessing about the numbers will just send you into a horrible shame spiral. Instead, focus on exercising and eating well, and before you know it your pants will be loose and you'll feel and look great.

Giving yourself the time to exercise is the rough part for a post-partum mama. You might feel guilty at walking out on the laundry, the dishes and the million other things you "should" be doing to hit the gym. But taking a little time for your own needs is the best thing you can do ... happy mama, happy family. End of story.

Take a look at this video about accepting, even loving, your post-partum body.

VIDEO HERE

What's been the hardest thing for you to get used to with your post-partum body? Is there anything you actually like more?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM
My stomach. It's stretched and scarred to bloody hell and will never be pretty again.

I haven't found anything I like better, yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Deflated boobs, stretched out angry looking belly button, and stretch marks from belly button to mid thigh. At least it all looks good in clothing! I like that it was pretty easy to lose weight (thank you bf!) and my thigh hip butt area is actually on the slim side for once!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I am weird. I LOVE my postpartum body! I think my stretch marks and sags make me look MORE womanly... I finally have curves in all the right places, and I feel like my body finally looks like how God meant me to look... :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisybeth
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I hate the loose skin on my stomach and the stretch marks on my stomach and thighs. I have been trying to do exactly what this post said and just focus on eating right and exercising and ignoring the scale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetDoc
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm like Amberleigh - I love my post partum body!  Its a mess like everyone elses - I didn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, they showed up after with a vengance, my breast are saggy bags, but I LOVE IT!  Its like a badge of honor.  I feel like before I used to always obsess about my appearance and criticize myself and constantly stare at the scale, but now I embrace these imperfections because I earned them!  And I've actually lost weight and I'm eating so much better, working out more and my self image is the best its ever been!!!  My hubby loves my post baby bod as well!!

Johariz
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I hate my stomach. And that I can't find a comfortable pair of pants that fit well. But I love my boobs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SodiumPentathol
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I HATE front butt. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of pants I get that patch between my belly button and ladytown always bulges out grossly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN