Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

am I the only one ... *vent* (piog)

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
Who worries sick about their kid when they are sick with the cold,and have a fever? I worry sick, like,literately SICK to my stomach, nausea and no appetite. I hate it when my bbies feel sick I cry and get scared and I think the worse. My husband thinks im over reacting but I just want my kids to be healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM
it makes me sad and I feel helpless but not physically ill. Your mommy your allowed to be worried men are stronger cause if we both freaked out we'd never leave the dr office :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashora1990
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:15 PM
my SO is like that but im the calm one. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Worry to the point of making yourself ill isn't very common. Keep in mind that if you make yourself sick, you can't help your child.... so try to relax.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Kids get a dozen colds a year. That's a lot of worrying! I worry, but they never know it. My one ds had a splenectomy this past summer, followed by a week of hospitalization with frightening complications, but I had to keep up the appearance of calmness for my family. I also had 2 months of paralyzingly PTSD after that. I do usually get an "intestinal disorder" the morning of their doctor appointments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are having that big of a reaction it sounds like you are having a different issue. I don't call it overreacting because that invalidates what you are feeling, which is very real. I think your reaction is more than just about your kids though. It sounds like you have a subconscious belief system or cellular memory or the like that is getting triggered by your kids getting sick. So, what you are experiencing is real, but it is not about your kids, make sense? You can heal it in yourself and then only experience normal concern for your childrens' safety butnot make yourself sick or pass along the pathological reaction to your children. What was your mom like? Fyi, if you do want to work on it Western medicine is not the route. I would go with BodyTalk or another mind body modality. Peace to you :)
tyheamma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I get pretty worried with my youngest because of her medical conditions. But with my oldest, when she was really little, I worried all the time even though she's a pretty healthy kid.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I tend to get realy worried if my babies have the stomach flu and can't keep anything down. I had to take my oldest to the R twice because of dehydration duing a stomach virus and dehydration, he had to stay over night once.  If they have a fever I don't worry topo much, its sad and I feel aweful for them and I even cry with them, but I dont' get scared.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting NaturalMamaCZ:

If you are having that big of a reaction it sounds like you are having a different issue. I don't call it overreacting because that invalidates what you are feeling, which is very real. I think your reaction is more than just about your kids though. It sounds like you have a subconscious belief system or cellular memory or the like that is getting triggered by your kids getting sick. So, what you are experiencing is real, but it is not about your kids, make sense? You can heal it in yourself and then only experience normal concern for your childrens' safety butnot make yourself sick or pass along the pathological reaction to your children. What was your mom like? Fyi, if you do want to work on it Western medicine is not the route. I would go with BodyTalk or another mind body modality. Peace to you :)

yes, I agree. When my first was born it was a pretty traumatic experience. I had no idea that it was traumatizing for us until I started reacting the way I did and my spetmom pointed it out to us. I had major seperation anxiety from my baby, and so did he from me. All kids go through thi, but this was even more so. I als had nightnares costantly about him drowning as well. He was born not breathing and his heart rate dropped drastically that they had to rush him to to the NICU right after he was born. Maybe you had a traumatic experience that is link to these feelings like she said.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Elayna90
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
When my kids were young, I would freak out at even small sniffles. Now that they are older, I worry but not to the same extent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Well I guss when I 7 mths pregnant with my first I was in a car accident. Luckly everything was ok was discharged the next day. At 4 mths pregnant my 2 year old daughter had a fever of 100.5 and started having a siezure so thats why I freak out now.

Quoting NaturalMamaCZ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN