Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

broken tooth

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
Yowzers! My two year old got tackled by a three year old yesterday and broke his front left tooth. Now it is sharp. No help until Monday. My nipples are screaming, but I'm not going to stop nursing him and further traumatize him! Gonna try some coconut oil...any other suggestions?
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

There's no one to see for this now? Waiting till Monday is a long time for a broken tooth.

Nipple shield. This is what thye're for.

collinsmom72
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM

ouch-if i calledmy child's dentist he'd come in- his wife is nursing their 4mo LO!!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM
poor baby :( and poor you!!! I have no clue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I will check into a nipple shield, thanks.
NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM
We tried our dentist but they had already left for the weekend and the emergency page apparently goes out to whatever general dentist ( at perfect teeth) is on call and noone returned any of our pages. Children's hospital said that it wasn't an emergency and we had to wait for our dentist....yet they suggested we have him seen within 24 hours... Except no other dentist will see him on a weekend unless he was already a patient of theirs. So, it's a cluster f#%& loop. This is another reason why we stay away from Western medicine as much as possible.
He's not in pain, just me now. Just hoping he doesn't fall on his mouth before it gets fixed. I will check into a nipple shield. Thanks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)